Thread: Page load issues, errors and other craziness

Default Page load issues, errors and other craziness

Hi folks,

Many of you have written in during the last few weeks expressing frustration at the seemingly random page hangs, error messages, freezes and other issues that have kept you off some of our pages. Thanks for letting us know about those things, and especially thanks for your patience. For the record, I have experienced the same issues myself (so no, we're not singling you out)! Anyway I thought a note explaining what we're doing about it would be in order.

Going back several months the site has been plagued with a variety of technical issues. Almost all of it has to do with server load. In other words, we have outgrown our house. I won't bore you with all the technical details, but since early January I have had our IT folks working on identifying and fixing the issues.

It all came to a head the other day when we finally realized that we needed to move to a much larger server system. We also needed to upgrade our forum software to the latest version, upgrade our store software to the latest version, and update one of our programming languages. In short, we needed to expand. Over this weekend, we have been testing the new servers, troubleshooting, and moving things over to the new system. Over the next couple of weeks we are performing various upgrades and maintenance functions in order to eliminate the issues we've been experiencing. So this next week, all of us should see big improvements in page load times, error reduction and so forth.

I will post more information on this process at a later time; I just wanted everyone to know that we've been hard at work to move the entire site to the next level.

Thanks for your patience during our "construction season".

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike thanks for the update..........but I don't remember Dave having any of these problems when he owned the site.

Sorry...

Thanks for the update Mike. It is nice to know what is going on. For those of us who are very active on here we were wondering but can understand the growing pains. Keep up the great work and keep us updated,.
    Chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Mike thanks for the update..........but I don't remember Dave having any of these problems when he owned the site.

Sorry...
    Well, they were always there in the background. I remember times when we'd go through page load issues, and David and I discussed it from time to time. Anyway it looks like we're close to getting it fixed, and will be in a better position to grow the site.

Take care.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Well, they were always there in the background. I remember times when we'd go through page load issues, and David and I discussed it from time to time. Anyway it looks like we're close to getting it fixed, and will be in a better position to grow the site.

Take care.

-Mike
    Mike:

You did understand that was a joke, correct?

Mike:

er.... well.... ah.... no, actually. I wasn't sure, so I clarified. That's the problem with Internet communication; you don't always know what the other person is saying... or thinking...

-Mike

Mike:

i thought you were voulenteering to try out the new software that DOES single users out to limit their acess.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    er.... well.... ah.... no, actually. I wasn't sure, so I clarified. That's the problem with Internet communication; you don't always know what the other person is saying... or thinking...

-Mike
    MIke:

Note the grin in my 1st post.