Thread: ruger S6? same as a security six?

Default ruger S6? same as a security six?

Guy offering me a ruger S6, I cant seem to find any info on that model. Best I can come up with is that S6 is the same thing as a security six. Is that right?

Default S6 could be almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Guy offering me a ruger S6, I cant seem to find any info on that model. Best I can come up with is that S6 is the same thing as a security six. Is that right?
    Hard to say.

Just off the top of my head, the 22 rimfire single action Single Six comes to mind as well as what could be called the S6 trio, Security Six, Service Six and Speed Six.

Sometimes the price is an indicator, but in this case, I doubt it, as anyone offering a gun for sale without a description or chance to examine it must be offering a seriously low price, eh?

Many of the gun's characteristics can be determined by the first digits of the serial number. Is that available?

It seems odd (to me) to consider a gun (Since it is a Ruger, it is probably safe to assume that it is a firearm, but who can be sure?) without a description.

Barrel Length
    Finish (Stainless Steel, Blued, an aftermarket finish)
    Sights (rear: adjustable or not, front: interchangeable? plain or with colored insert)
    Caliber. 22, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 41 Magnum, 44 Magnum 45, etc)
    Action type: Double action with swing-out cylinder with release button on the left or Single action with the loading gate on the right.

All of these can be observed by anyone who has the gun. I assume there is some kind of impediment to you (or him) to handle it?

My curiosity is up, now. There must be some kind of back story to explain why the seller of a gun cannot give a more explicit description or the gun and its condition.

Good luck,

Lost Sheep

He says all that is stamped on the gun is "S6 .357 magnum." Moot point now anyway as Im no longer in the market.