Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: looling for a place to fish grayling

  1. #1
    Member algonquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seldovia, alaska
    Posts
    839

    Default looling for a place to fish grayling

    Hi guys, I would like to fish for grayling this summer, anybody know of a good place to try , I'll be flying out of ANC in a small plane. Thanks Tom

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Hi guys, I would like to fish for grayling this summer, anybody know of a good place to try , I'll be flying out of ANC in a small plane. Thanks Tom
    Hi Tom. The creeks and lakes up around Tango Lake on the Denali Hwy are great Grayling fishing. Dickie Lake off Swede Lake Trail (about a 15-20 mile trail ride) is phenominal Grayling. Big and strong grayling right at the end of the trail where the creek flows out of the lake.

  3. #3
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Tangle lakes on the denali highway. If your on floats after july 1 crescent lake on the kenai peninsula produces nice grayling too. Delta clearwater also as well as the chena in fairbanks
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  4. #4

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Hi guys, I would like to fish for grayling this summer, anybody know of a good place to try , I'll be flying out of ANC in a small plane. Thanks Tom
    If you are on floats, go to Clarence Lake, north of Eureka. This is where Jimmy Carter went to get indoctrinated to grayling. Also has huge Lake Trout.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member ak_powder_monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River/ Juneau
    Posts
    5,154

    Default

    try anywhere in the su drainage, or over the hump that has clear water, the farther north you go the better
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •