Thread: First Fox!

Default First Fox!

Here's my first fox. Went with a friend a called this guy in to less than 40 feet. I'm hooked!

Right on man! Any plans for the pelt?

I'm going to wait an see what it looks like when it gets back from the tannery. I didn't do a great job skinning it and the belly section is pretty well trashed(over-gunned!).

Probably either a wall mount or cased hanging. If it comes back really bad- a hat or a collar piece on a capote I'm making.

Nice cross fox, it can get addictive after that first one! What rifle were you using? I like using my .22lr for foxes. It is a little underpowered but super accurate out to 100yds. Usually one entrance wound in the head with no nasty exit wound. Most of my friends use 17hmr, 22/250,or my new favorite .204ruger. I imagine you will be posting more fox kills next year!

Default We Have A Winner!!

Congrats, hodgeman, on your fox kill, and for that step onto the 'slippery slope' of getting hooked!

Doc

Good job and thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mnfish365 View Post
    What rifle were you using? .... I imagine you will be posting more fox kills next year!

I wished desperately for my .22 on this one. Regrettably I had my .308- we were expecting coyotes at 200 yds- not a fox at 40 feet!

Pelt damage isn't as bad as imagined is the good news.

Already planning for next year- I think I can smell a .223 or .22 Hornet in my future.