Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All you anch and valley guys should be at the meeting

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default All you anch and valley guys should be at the meeting

hey quit sitting around here and get down to the BOG meetings LOTS going on, i am in Fairbanks or would be there too.... there is a link to the live audio feed in the managment thread
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I would have loved to, but I have to work Saturdays.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

BOG just got over... starts tomorrow at 9 am in anchorage get down there!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i could but i have to do the trip next weekend and $$$$$ is to tight.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

The ABA has a rep going down there to speak.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

good thing to Gary, the BOG sounds really one sided this year.

here is alink to the props being discussed for all those that wont wander into the management forum...http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...pring09-ar.pdf

most of what is on the table affects every one who hunts south Central ak...

including th possibility of repealing the head hide requirements for tier II,
    changing bow seasons, possibly by as much as 5 days loss in some areas,

allotting unit 13 moose to villages for community harvest

requiring guide contracts before YOU apply for a hunt

tag quotas for non res.

moving to a point system in some hunts

unit 16 predator control and allowing it to be commercialized and the use of helo and allowing non resident orgs and hunters to participate in the predator control hunt.

repealing some cow hunts and adding others...

every thing folks will be pissing a fit about next June when they don't understand WHY they have to do it that way...

here is the Audio link to it. http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/gameinfo/index.php

meet on face book here

Default Mark v. Ralph!

ADN highlighted the Richards v. Seekins argument, pretty intense if you ask me, that alone would be worth the price of gas/airline/boat ride to Anchorage to watch! LOL! GO GET 'EM BUSHRAT!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    ADN highlighted the Richards v. Seekins argument, pretty intense if you ask me, that alone would be worth the price of gas/airline/boat ride to Anchorage to watch! LOL! GO GET 'EM BUSHRAT!
    From the sound of things Mark handed Seekins his ass and left him blabbering about nothing.

ADN has a link to the whole discussion between Mark and Ralph.
    Might be more good entertainment today, Sunday.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    ADN has a link to the whole discussion between Mark and Ralph.
    Might be more good entertainment today, Sunday.
    I could not the discussion on F&G site.

Please help.

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    I could not the discussion on F&G site.

Please help.
    mine comes through on my REAL PLAYER... it takes a bit to load up and it quite during the breaks...i think they went on break while I was on phone with homer Dave... keep trying it took me 3-4 tries yeasterday to get on.

ABA on now...

Bushrat and homer Dave are currently in attendance.

meet on face book here

I know last summer and fall there were TONS of folks ranting about the regs and asking WHY THEY had to do things..

lots of complaints... finger pointing and foot stomping.

and just as many arguments..

GUYS here is you one chance a year to give some input behind all that has gone on.

you don't like heart and liver? don't want to carry the hide?

want to be able to hunt other units if tier II hunt is closed

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO SAY SO!!!!!

how about cutting the rack... say so.

there are professional organizations working against you as a hunter and provider for your family. get involved or deal with things later. it is as simple as that. EVEN if you don't hunt those units.. it will get to ours next.

Vince.

meet on face book here

Thanks for the comments, Vince. I've gotta say, I sure wasn't fired up about spending the whole day in downtown Anchorage yesterday. It was a beautiful snowy day and I had an invite to go skiing, but....well, I figured that I talk a pretty good game online, so I had better be willing to put a small amount of time behind my words. A few hours of writing testimony a few weeks ago, and another day spent sitting and waiting for my turn to address the board. Was it worth it? They may not vote my way, but I care too much about the future of hunting to not at least say my piece.

Thanks to those that testified, and it was nice meeting the few members that introduced themselves.

I also was down there on Saturday, it was a real education to listen to some of the testimony.

The natives in unit 13 are agented cutting antlers and salvaging the hide, liver, heart, etc under Tear II, because itís to much trouble for the non-native. Thatís right, they said it was too much trouble for the non-native to salvage the hide, liver, heart, etc.

Thatís why they want to not have to salvage the hide, liver, heart, etc only the meat.

Default Dang

I just posted on that in another thread Rutting Moose. You should have heard the guy today say that the antlers are edible, just a little crunchy when cooked over a fire. It was his response when asked why they wanted the antler destruction repealed as well. He was dead serious too.

I think unit 13 subsistance users forgot why the antler destruction and salvage requirements were implemented. To keep trophy hunters less interested in hunting unit 13 moose.

If they cant agree on guidelines for a community harvest permit they will likley be reminded of that and decide to live with the salvage requirements if it is their only tool to tip the odds. Just my take.

Default thanks in advance

Vince,
    As long as you're up on the soap box, tell us what you're doing to "say so".
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Yes I did hear that, but never new you could do it.

I know if you boil antler that are in velvet you will make antler butter.

Yun, Yun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasken View Post
    Vince,
    As long as you're up on the soap box, tell us what you're doing to "say so".

the long and short of it? i am doing every thing possible 400 miles away to be part of the system and to be aware of the potential changes being made around us. I am reminding those that could be able to attend these meetings, they are happening and to be part of them. and to give a little bit of what is happeing to those that can not attend.

Given the financial ability to make multiple trips to anchorage this month i would have gladly spent my weekend testifying and supporting the other sportsman. But i MUST be there next weekend and can not make two trips. i presented my questions to others so that they may ask these questions in my stead. i see a lot of what is being attempted here during this meeting affecting the one this next year in regards to the interior where i live, hunt, and recreate....

it may not be as much as it could be... but at the moment... it is what i have.

i did not mean to be on a soap box but rather pose as a reminder that many of us question, WHY...... every season... here is the opportunity to know, learn, and in turn educate others as we may.

meet on face book here

Thumbs down Chek this out....apparently not everyone can see managment forums!

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=49394

Originally Posted by Brian M
    They are not visible to folks that are not logged in.

Ungh?

Is that a way of saying it's none of my business who can see the management forums and who can not or did your humor go over my head?

Quote Originally Posted by AVALANCHE View Post
    They are not visible to folks that are not logged in.

Ungh?

Is that a way of saying it's none of my business who can see the management forums and who can not or did your humor go over my head?
    No, it was a way of answering your question, nothing more. You didn't ask why it was that way, you asked who wasn't able to see which forums. No humor intended - there are simply some forums that are members-only. If you'd like to continue this conversation, I would prefer to do it in the forum tips thread in question instead of hijacking this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast