Thread: Mechanic

Default Mechanic

how hard do yall think it would be to get a job or side job as an airplane or helicopter mechanic? im getting all my licenses this summer before i get outta the army. any recommendations? thanks! oh, i have 5+ years working on Apaches in the army. all the electrical and avionics. weapon systems too, but i dont think ill see much of that. (unless some of the militia guys have cooler toys than i think they do hahaha)

Default Possible

....but not likely right now. With the economy being slow, I know there are several licensed and experienced mechanics that are either out of work now, or about to be out of work. Don't stop finishing your licence, just understand that right now is a difficult time to start in this career field.
    IF, the economy turns around and tourism and freight picks back up again, then by all means, jump in and gain some experience with a wrench in the civilian sector. Best of luck to you!
    Adison
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by Browningguy9 View Post
    how hard do yall think it would be to get a job or side job as an airplane or helicopter mechanic? im getting all my licenses this summer before i get outta the army. any recommendations? thanks! oh, i have 5+ years working on Apaches in the army. all the electrical and avionics. weapon systems too, but i dont think ill see much of that. (unless some of the militia guys have cooler toys than i think they do hahaha)
    Lots and lots of fabric work comes with so many Super Cubs (and other fabric tail draggers) in Alaska. Be sure you can handle fabric work, which most of the "outside" world has precious little contact with . . . . .

You'll love Alaska. Period.

Mort

Default work

Browningguy9....PM sent.