Thread: Wooldridge

Default Wooldridge

My lil winter project. I picked this Wooldridge up off Craigslist for $3200 last Nov..I pulled the water logged floorboards (about 150lbs) replaced with 1/16" dimond plate,Then added rubber gasket on the supports to keep the sound down (used about 50lbs dimond plate) Chipped out about 300lbs of the nice spray in foam that was very water logged & really sucked chipping out about 8hrs of hard chipping.. Whoever thought of that should be Shot!...Sanded off the ugly fadded wooldridge blue off the sides,replaced with Hurculiner & polished w/Sharkhide then added Sharkhide protectant..Added slide rails for the seats and 2 new seats,So I can slide the seats to diffrent spots or just take the out..Made a new windshield out of plexyglass..Still have to get rid of the ugly blue driver seat & add slide rail and a new seat..Now just going to have the motor gone through...Anyone have any luck w/ murcruiser 140 4cyl??? The last owner did just rebuild the motor (so He said?) Looks like he has and turns over? Spring here yet!!??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Wooldridge

A couple more..

Default wooldridge

very nice, what model is that? looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck.

Reilly! What up brotha! Nice lookin Wooly, so far great job. Can't wait to see it on the river this summer. We'll have to get together this summer and hit the river. I'm about to start a little work on my boat, only 2.5 months and I'll be in the water! Where did you get the diamond plate? Is that in the Prince's truck shop? Check out my little scooter!

Also did you order that sharkhide online? How much did you go through? Did you do the bottom of the boat? Did you use the cleaner, the polish, and the protectant? I've been wanting to buff out the Almar, pretty her up a bit, and that product seems like good ****! Let me know!

Default Boat

Hey~
    What does that have in it for a motor? I got the Plate from C&R pipe $125 a 4x8 x 1/16"Sheet...That pic was taken in our shop @ work.Chugach

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Reilly! What up brotha! Nice lookin Wooly, so far great job. Can't wait to see it on the river this summer. We'll have to get together this summer and hit the river. I'm about to start a little work on my boat, only 2.5 months and I'll be in the water! Where did you get the diamond plate? Is that in the Prince's truck shop? Check out my little scooter!

Default Sharkhide

Ryan~
    I orderd the polish online but way to much to ship the protectant so I got that in ANCH.. The polish I got the 2lb & used about Half & w/the protectant its 1 Qrt and used about 1/2..I did as much as I could reach on the bottom..You can get the Acid wash we used @ the Bulk plant comes in a gallon Jug and we did 2 Boats inside and out..But I'll tellya what its not as eazy as the sharkhide website shows to make it Shine after you acid wash it? I prob Have 2full days in polish & elbow grease But it does make it Shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Also did you order that sharkhide online? How much did you go through? Did you do the bottom of the boat? Did you use the cleaner, the polish, and the protectant? I've been wanting to buff out the Almar, pretty her up a bit, and that product seems like good ****! Let me know!

Default Model

Thanks~
    I've been told 2diffrent things its a 1977 hull & the guy I bought it from said its a Alaskan model Then I've been told its a classic open hull..It does look like a friend of mine that has a 1977 21' classic w/ almost a flat bottom? And Wooldridge hasn't got back to me on it??

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Friend View Post
    very nice, what model is that? looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck.

Default Very nice!

I have to agree, the polishing does take awhile, I did my 20', and the first time it took at least that long, the good news is if you stay up with it, it takes less time. Never used shark hide, so i don't have a clue about that. Very nice job, Kinda jealous, what a great little project!!! I'd like to hear your review on the aluminum floor. once you have used it for a year or so. I have wanted to do that with mine, but am worried it will be loud, and scare all the fish and critters away!!

Quote Originally Posted by reilly View Post
    Hey~
    What does that have in it for a motor? I got the Plate from C&R pipe $125 a 4x8 x 1/16"Sheet...That pic was taken in our shop @ work.Chugach
    Nice. Most of my floors are diamond plate, except the decking around the engine housing. I want the whole thing diamond plate. I have a little 2.3 liter 4 cyl Ford motor (my boat is an 1983). Around 130 hp. Not the most power in the world, but good enough for me. Very fuel efficient. That wooly looks **** good though!

Lightbulb sweet a little motor info for you

Quote Originally Posted by reilly View Post
    My lil winter project. I picked this Wooldridge up off Craigslist for $3200 last Nov..I pulled the water logged floorboards (about 150lbs) replaced with 1/16" dimond plate,Then added rubber gasket on the supports to keep the sound down (used about 50lbs dimond plate) Chipped out about 300lbs of the nice spray in foam that was very water logged & really sucked chipping out about 8hrs of hard chipping.. Whoever thought of that should be Shot!...Sanded off the ugly fadded wooldridge blue off the sides,replaced with Hurculiner & polished w/Sharkhide then added Sharkhide protectant..Added slide rails for the seats and 2 new seats,So I can slide the seats to diffrent spots or just take the out..Made a new windshield out of plexyglass..Still have to get rid of the ugly blue driver seat & add slide rail and a new seat..Now just going to have the motor gone through...Anyone have any luck w/ murcruiser 140 4cyl??? The last owner did just rebuild the motor (so He said?) Looks like he has and turns over? Spring here yet!!??
    You could probably goto remanufactured engines.com and get a new or reman marine longblock with a one year warranty real cheap. This where I got my last big block from. I paid about 350 for shipping 400 for a core charge and 1600 for my longblock 460 marine engine. They will do some customizing too for extra. These guys are very reasonable. And I got it in 3 weeks from date of order with a custom camshaft. I got about 50 hours on it so far in the last two seasons and no probs. It was a 100% positve experience. Only glitch ws they sent a wierd oil pump I couldnt use.