Thread: Huge rams

Question Huge rams

Has anybody heard the stories on these 2 rams? http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...page=0#1036230

Wow.

Speaking of 44inch rams.
    When I went in to get my ram sealed this year they had a 44 incher in the book. The F&G guy said that the two guys that brought it in also brought in a very small illegal ram. He said it was thier first time hunting or something to that effect. They didn't know what they had with either ram.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

The first pic was 1 of two rams taken by a couple of guys from Valdez. Both rams have excellent compression. sweet.

Default Sweet

I like the third pic myself!

Great rams tho (other than the photoshopped one..)
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

The first guy is my cousin-in-law-Doug Cranor.

He gets them that big almost every year.
    He hunts in the Chugach.
    He hunts hard and goes far.

The sheep I want to see is Jake Butler's Ram from
    Centennial Ridge.
    I heard that one went nearly 180 but is a park sheep and
    can't be entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Wow.

Speaking of 44inch rams.
    When I went in to get my ram sealed this year they had a 44 incher in the book. The F&G guy said that the two guys that brought it in also brought in a very small illegal ram. He said it was thier first time hunting or something to that effect. They didn't know what they had with either ram.
    Those two sheep came out of the Chugach (open area). The 44" ram was taken by the non-resident brother of an Ak res. They stumbled on to it and essentially jump shot him at less than 50 yards. The sublegal ram was about 3/4 curl. Word is that they drove up to Fbks to have it sealed because they heard that it would be easier to get a sketchy ram sealed up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Those two sheep came out of the Chugach (open area). The 44" ram was taken by the non-resident brother of an Ak res. They stumbled on to it and essentially jump shot him at less than 50 yards. The sublegal ram was about 3/4 curl. Word is that they drove up to Fbks to have it sealed because they heard that it would be easier to get a sketchy ram sealed up there.
    Now we know "the rest of the story..." Well I guess thier plan didn't work.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default big sheep

The first is a guy from Valdez. I know his brother in law from Glennallen. From what I understand, he only shoots big sheep, so it is no surprise. He flies hard and hunts hard.

The second is a guy ( an Alaska resident) that moved up from Montana. A friend on mine. He obviously found an area where a big boy lived! Not sure where it is from. I won't ask that. He is a very good hunter and hunted hard. I haven't heard the story from him yet. All I can say is what a couple of awesome rams!!!!

Smile Pigs!!

Absolutly awsome Rams!! I wish!

Default huge rams

The pictures of the two rams are incredible. I know the person in the second picture. He is an amazing hunter and has taken 3 consecutive rams over 40". You would have a real difficult time trying to find a person more dedicated to hunting or as sucessful.