Thread: Nikon lens issue

Default Nikon lens issue

Anyone see this before?

Nikon D70 and wanting the 18-135 DX. When I tried this lens it would not talk with my camera body. I was at Stewarts Photo and two of those guys couldn’t figure it out. We tried the 18-200 and worked fine. My camera has the latest update. I have noticed that B&H has pulled this lens off the site??? I guess the 18-200 will me my catch all lens now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

George

I use Canon so can't help much, but I have heard of some AF issues with certain Nikon bodies and lenses. Just not sure which models. But there is a very active forum that you could get some info from for sure. Go to www.photo.net and enter the Nikon forum. Post this question there and you will surely find your answer. Lots of users on that forum. Most seem very well informed.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks Dantheman, will do that.

George

Default Not Exactly Similar....

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Anyone see this before?

Nikon D70 and wanting the 18-135 DX................ I guess the 18-200 will me my catch all lens now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

George
    George-

I can't tell you about the 18-135 DX, but I love my 18-200 as that 'catch all' basic lens.

Happy Shooting!
    Doc