Thread: Photography Class

Default Photography Class

I just finished a basic photography class from Marco Gutierrez of Gutierrez Photography. This was a fantastic class that brought me to understand my camera and what it can do and basic composition of different photo opportunities. All of us had digital SLRs both Canon and Nikon but the class was designed for both DSLR and SLR bodies. I and now venture (and possibly never return to) the auto selector dial. Each class I learned tons and with the homework assignment brought the lessons to reality of use. Can't say enough about this class and Marco.

I have taught adults in different classes and Marco did a great job dealing with all of our paradigms with humor and tact. Way to go Marco.

To view Marco's work go to www.gutierrezphotography.com and look for future classes like this and more i.e. Portrait, Landscapes, "Studio Lighting and more. I am in no way associated with Marco or his business.

Hope this helps others who want more from you camera.

George

George,

Good to hear. We will be expecting you to post some images here soon
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default It's all in the metering...

mind your meter, (in camera's pretty good, but some $$ on a hand held would get you better results "they" say)...

Yeah, I wanna see some of your time lapse as well...like mine...

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MARVIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Default anyone care to tell me...

why I have only text & no photo???

Here are a few from the homework assignments.

First is playing with shutter speed.

Next are two of the final project.

I am shooting a Nikon D70 with a 18-70 DX lens.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    why I have only text & no photo???
    This is what you used when it worked:
    [IMG]http:// ... 214c.jpg[/IMG]

This is what you used when it didn't work:
    [IMG]file:///C:/ ... screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

The first one is an Internet URL (http://), the second one is a computer pathname to a file on your hard disk. The first works, the second does not. To post pictures copied from a hard disk, use an attachment rather than a link.

I personally dislike the way that attachments are displayed, and rather like the way links are shown. But a link also means the image must remain available where the link points to, while an attachment means it is uploaded and stored on the outdoorsdirectlry.com disk, so you can ignore it forever more.

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    I just finished a basic photography class from Marco Gutierrez of Gutierrez Photography. This was a fantastic class that brought me to understand my camera and what it can do and basic composition of different photo opportunities. All of us had digital SLRs both Canon and Nikon but the class was designed for both DSLR and SLR bodies. I and now venture (and possibly never return to) the auto selector dial. Each class I learned tons and with the homework assignment brought the lessons to reality of use. Can't say enough about this class and Marco.

I have taught adults in different classes and Marco did a great job dealing with all of our paradigms with humor and tact. Way to go Marco.

To view Marco's work go to www.gutierrezphotography.com and look for future classes like this and more i.e. Portrait, Landscapes, "Studio Lighting and more. I am in no way associated with Marco or his business.

Hope this helps others who want more from you camera.

George
    I had emailed back and forth with Marco about his studio lighting class. Seems like a heck of nice guy.. Still need to get signed up.
    EricL