Thread: 3-D shoot?!

Default 3-D shoot?!

Hello my name is Chad, I am the outdoor range master for Black Sheep Archer Club. I am trying to put together a 3D shoot sometime this year. I would like to set a curse of 40 targets unmarked on the trail system we have. The problem I am having is I canít find a good time to do it. I want to set this up and try and get people that would like to come out and have a good time. In the past we have got bow companies to give donations of there products to hand out at the shoots. The other thing I would like to do is give out mugs to the top 3 people from each class with your name etched on it. I think that would be a little better and more use full than a mettle or pin. I was thinking of doing it sometime before moose season. It would give people a chance to come out and shoot there bows before heading out in to the woods. Archery is something I really love and I would like to bring the archery community together so more people can get to know one another a little better. If anyone has any ideas of a good date to do this or if you would be interested let me know your thoughts. thanks

I think timing is everything on these 3D shoots. The Cook Inlet Archers do one every third Sunday throughout the winter and don't put on any shoots during the summer months specifically because it is too hard to get people to show up...

I'd love to do it in the summer, but with fishing and hunting, I'm not sure when a good time would be.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by cmp189ap View Post
    Hello my name is Chad, I am the outdoor range master for Black Sheep Archer Club. I am trying to put together a 3D shoot sometime this year. I would like to set a curse of 40 targets unmarked on the trail system we have. The problem I am having is I canít find a good time to do it. I want to set this up and try and get people that would like to come out and have a good time. In the past we have got bow companies to give donations of there products to hand out at the shoots. The other thing I would like to do is give out mugs to the top 3 people from each class with your name etched on it. I think that would be a little better and more use full than a mettle or pin. I was thinking of doing it sometime before moose season. It would give people a chance to come out and shoot there bows before heading out in to the woods. Archery is something I really love and I would like to bring the archery community together so more people can get to know one another a little better. If anyone has any ideas of a good date to do this or if you would be interested let me know your thoughts. thanks
    Get with Paul at Archers Den. We the ABA are looking to have a get together this summer. We could tie this in to your shoot. This would help both of us and be a great time.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I am not sure of a good date, but I do know of some not so good ones (conflicting shoots).

Spring Bear Shoot April 25 & 26
    State 3D May 16 & 17
    Independence Shoot July 4 & 5
    State Field July 18 & 19
    Outdoor Fita Aug 1 & 2

http://alaskastatearchery.com/pdfs/2...shootdates.pdf

Do you or your organization have a 501c3 tax number(Non-Profit)?
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    I am not sure of a good date, but I do know of some not so good ones (conflicting shoots).

Spring Bear Shoot April 25 & 26
    State 3D May 16 & 17
    Independence Shoot July 4 & 5
    State Field July 18 & 19
    Outdoor Fita Aug 1 & 2

http://alaskastatearchery.com/pdfs/2...shootdates.pdf
    Don't forget the Jay Massey shoot
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

yes we are a non-profit club