Thread: Going to Whitehorse in May or June; Scott canoe

Default Going to Whitehorse in May or June; Scott canoe

I bought one today, and will p/u in May/June. MAY be able to haul back another one (for a price; yes, I am a capitalist to the core....) if anyone wants. I will prolly put mine on top of my truck, and could haul one behind on a trailer. I don't want to haul a trailer down, really, but if you buy a canoe and a trailer I could haul it back. Trailers are about $C2500 for a galvanized 2000 lb axle EZ Loader, $2100 for a painted (?)1550 lb. Those are my numbers from memory; contact Scott at Kanoe People for details. One reason I bought; the US/C dollar exchange rate is 1:1.25 in our favor. How it popped up from 1:1 not long ago I don't understand, but... it did. john 457-7024 10 a.m to 10 p.m. Fairbanks. ALL THIS IS TENTATIVE, but I've gotta go there sooner or later; maybe sooner so I am not gone when it is freaking WARM up here.

Default Going to Whitehorse

I have a H.B. on order and bought a trailer from them. What's your $$ for transport going to be. Are you in FBK's or S. Central? Hope the shipment gets there before June!!

Don't forget to get a Power Of Attorney for transporting another's property back into USA......

Default not sure/thanks

Blackhawk: I have no firm number at this moment, and am not interested in just skinning under a trucker's charge. "A couple hundred?" +? -? I"m going, with or without, and just want some assistance. Let me ponder that, and thanks for asking. Yes, I'm in Frb.

Vern: Thanks for reminding me of the paperwork to haul another person's boat back. I had to fax that to the border a few years ago when a bona fide trucker brought my boat from Mass. Why he never thought of that before he left, I don't know.

Default Going to Whitehorse

Jklingel- once my flu meds wore off I realized my question was answered in your original post. I've driven the highway quite a bit and will probably pick mine up. Just checking options but maybe we'll cross paths on the highway in May. Thanks

Default Cancel post

Plans changed, which is why I said "tentative". Sorry. j