Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 2/25/09

Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 2/25/09

Well, Here it is the last week of Febuary, man time flys when you are having fun! The best part of winter is here!! Long days, Sun you can feel! It's time to ride!!!
    Anyway it's 22degress and they say it's going to snow tonight. There over 30+" of snow pack. We knock out 510 fleet miles this week! All the trails are in some of the best shape I ever seen! And we groomed a trail to conneck with Big Lake trails! Also the Deshka River X-over trail connecks to trail groomed going to Su. Landing and Trapper Lake by Mid-Valley Trail Club, and up to the Curry Ridge Riders trails.
    There is lots of untract powder in the Big Swamp and rumer has it that someone was on top of Mt. Su. last weekend!
    Also LSDA borrowed one of our big drags so the first part of the river should be in a lot better shape!
    So now the time to get out a take a ride. Remember, We Take The Bumps So You Don' Have Too!!!
    It's time for those long rides!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Talking Update!

As of Sat. at 1:00pm over a foot of new snow has come down in Willow and Hatchers Pass and is still snowing!!!
    Holy S--t!!!! We are going to be buried alive!!!
    Get out here and pack this snow down!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

P-H-E-N-O-M-I-N-A-L riding in Willow! Trails are baby bottom smooth - (many thanks groomers!), powder off the trails is DEEP and soft, even my wife & little ones had a blast! I've never seen it better.

Be safe Iditarod weekend as this weekend it will be busy out on the trails.

First time I have ridden in Willow. Great trail system and without a doubt the smoothest trails I have been on this year. Due in large part to TrailBoss and other hard working groomers. Many of the swamps and rivers are untracked. Not as many as there were yesterday but there is still tons of powder out there. Saw a total of about 10 moose 3 dog teams and 2 other snowmobilers. I am beginning to like these week day rides.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Default Willow

I will second that!!! Trailboss and the others deserves a whole lot more thanks than we can give here. Willow has the best trails, not just for us snowmachiners but also the mushers and a few of the nuts on skis and bikes.

Thanks Trailboss