Thread: ATV Mechanical Class??

Default ATV Mechanical Class??

Ok, who wants to help a girl out. I am seeing if anyone would be interested in running a ATV class. I need info on changing oil, spark plugs, what to do if I flood my machine, using and hooking up the wench correctly, etc. I am one of those people that learn better with the hands on approach and not through a text book. Be reading some posts I really think quite a few people would be interested. I might be able to bribe a few people into teaching( you guys know who you are)...I just need to know if there would be any other wifes or people that would be interested.

J
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

hey boar..I can teach you how to break 'em really well...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

What ATV do you have?

I'm in for the class. Boar, thanks for the idea. It would be great to get together with some other folks, kick tires, gain an eye full of someone's methods, and play around with mid-cc engines.

I've got an '02 Kawasaki torn apart in my garage. It will be fun to put back together.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

My Ranger is due for its 100hr service, and with my big hands I have a hell of a time gettin the oil filter out (hint hint). lol. I do make for a good recovery candidate , though.

This would go much better in late spring....Thoughts?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I am up for anytime. I do ride a little in winter, but warmer temps would be good.

I have 2 machines 06 Polaris Sportsmans 500 EFI and a 07 Polaris Hawkeye 300.

I know of a very nice, open location in Willow/Hatchers area that would be a great spot for a summer rally/get together where things like this could be taught. Only issue would be schedules. Me personally I'm out every single weekend camping with my family
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB, that sound good to me. I have property in Caswell so close by and I know alot a people live in Valley. I have never riden at Hatchers pass area. My husbands schedule sucks, as long I have couple weeks notice it should not be a problem. Or, he will just have to load the machine for me and when I get there, part of the class could be to teach how to use the **** racket straps to load the machine when we are done. I swear, I have to hardest time with those darn things!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Or, he will just have to load the machine for me and when I get there, part of the class could be to teach how to use the **** racket straps to load the machine when we are done. I swear, I have to hardest time with those darn things!!!!

I'm tryin to sell mama on why we need a 20ft(ish) enclosed trailer, lol With the onset of building our cabin it would be nice to lock up our stuff.

Default One of the goals

of the ATV Club is putting together a class (or classes maybe) for newbee riding out at Jim Creek and covering some of the stuff (winching and more stuff you would do while riding, including dunking recovery).
    Wondering if we could do something more mechanical oriented by itself??
    What all would we cover?
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default ideas of what to cover

just a couple of ideas that might help some people
    tire repair in the field
    what to do if you sick one to get it running and back
    out with out destroying it
    maybe a belt change or drain
    or chain repair
    and with all of these maybe an extra's tool kit
    just a few ideas

Default something else

atv tv
    the guy Doug has some video clips