Thread: Rem 700 magazine screw??

Default Rem 700 magazine screw??

I just finished pillar/glass bedding my 700 adl. When putting it all back together I dropped the screw that holds the magazine box to the receiver. I've looked at the schematics and this tiny screw is not on it. Does anyone know where I can get one or know the part number?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStaten View Post
    I just finished pillar/glass bedding my 700 adl. When putting it all back together I dropped the screw that holds the magazine box to the receiver. I've looked at the schematics and this tiny screw is not on it. Does anyone know where I can get one or know the part number?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I'd call Brownells. They have a bunch of replacement screws. You might also give a call to Remington's own service department. Odds are you'll get one in an envelope. I might leave out the fact that you were pillar bedding, but if you're polite, it's small enough I'd expect them to fork over one for free.

hi, and congrats on your pillar bed job. this may be the most gratifying part of accurizing your rifle. i recommend you experiment with a torque wrench and try some numbers between 57 -65inch pounds. keep your barrel channel free from 2" ahead of your action.

oh yeah....the screw is self tapping and avalable from the hardware store. "gunsmith quality" is unimportant as it is a stress free connection.
    happy trails.
    jh

Default If you're in Anchorage...

Mike,

If you're in Anchorage, you might want to try Wild West Guns. They are the authorized Remington warranty center and I'm sure they'll have that part in stock.

Their phone # is: 344-4500

Kirk out.