Thread: Another Homer yote

Default Another Homer yote

Decided that I'd give it another try before flying out to Mexico. My Chessie and I got down close to where our favorite coyote spot is and we heard a deep howl which almost sounded like a wolf. After finding a good hiding spot we called this male yote in. After the shot, the valley became alive with coyotes barking and howling. I had one just above me that really sounded mad with its quick barks and howls but we never caught sight of it. I must have shot its buddy.

Awsome! Way to go.

Default More details please

How far was the shot, what did you call him in with, and what did you shoot it with. and Congrats on another nice yote

Awesome...........Did your Chessie retrieve it for you? 2 good looking dogs.

KK

I'm using custom made mouth calls purchased on the Predatormasters website. I shot this one at about 20 yards with a .22-.250. When I first started using my dogs to hunt with, I was a little worried that they would scare the coyotes/wolfs. Now I'd have a hard time not using them (My male Chessie has been retired due to age). I find myself watching them because they'll hear noises long before I hear it. If they start staring in one direction with their ears up, something is on the move. Last year I called in a lone wolf that I never saw until the dogs stood up and started growling. It got to within about 10 feet from me but the dogs saved me. Now it's hanging on the wall.

It's the start of breeding season and they are pairing up. The mate was probably looking for his now missing partner. Looks like a female you have there? Nice one.