Thread: Glock 17 for CCW suggestions

Default Glock 17 for CCW suggestions

Just recently bought a Glock 17 that I would like to carry conceled occasionally...I'm looking for holster that will keep the gun from printing...I was thinking a gun that big might be best carried in a shoulder holster...or maybe something like this: http://rmholsters.com/store/
    any suggestions would be helpful...thnx

Personally, I don't like shoulder holsters. I would go with the IWB... but with the G17, the butt will probably still stick out. My advice, don't buy online until you go somewhere and try the holster on. Then if you like it, go ahead and get it online. Try before you buy!

If you want to conceal, why did you go with the 17? I think the 19 or 26 would be MUCH better concealment options.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriver View Post
    Just recently bought a Glock 17 that I would like to carry conceled occasionally...I'm looking for holster that will keep the gun from printing...I was thinking a gun that big might be best carried in a shoulder holster...or maybe something like this: http://rmholsters.com/store/
    any suggestions would be helpful...thnx

there is casual concealment, where typically the weapon is covered by a jacket or vest. a shoulder rig is a daisy, and comfortable to boot. some of them offer accessories such as ammunition or knife carry. the "trick" is to wear horizontal holsters tight under the armpit. verticle carry belongs on your trouser seam.

belt rigs are more common (and usually cheaper) and rest in the appendix draw, cross draw, or direct draw. all work well, preference to the user. the inside waistband is extremely concealable.....but if you are "on the heavy side" or wear tight pants, they are miserable.

deep cover is another story......and doesn't really apply to your m17.

happy trails.
    jh

Thnx for the replies...I have other guns that I carry concealed that work well..This is my first Glock and I bought it primarily for the truck and nite stand and to plink with..I was just wondering if there were any holsters out there that might work for concealment..I can't hardly get myself IWB let alone a gun (I'm 6' @190)..I would have to buy new pants and belt...

Thumbs up

This is my favorite holster to date - Serpa

I have one for my Glock 21 and I just picked one up for my 1911. You can adjust the angle of the gun and they hold really close to the belt so they aren't very obvious. They come with both a belt loop and a pancake style attachment. I like the pancake style so I can take the gun off quickly without having to remove my belt. The added security of a retention device is really nice. No worries about the gun coming out of the holster if I need to run or fall.

For CCW, I usually am just wearing an untucked shirt or jacket and you don't even know it is there.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thnx for the replies...I have other guns that I carry concealed that work well..This is my first Glock and I bought it primarily for the truck and nite stand and to plink with..I was just wondering if there were any holsters out there that might work for concealment..I can't hardly get myself IWB let alone a gun (I'm 6' @190)..I would have to buy new pants and belt...
    best of luck with a great gun! i "tricked" mine up a bit with a 3#trigger, extended slide stop and extended mag release, and finally....... grip plug. all handy additions. (don't believe they compromise safety or function) my guns were used for police work.
    happy trails.
    jh

I have been using the Serpa for my 1911 acouple of years now, like it a lot...I have a 3# trigger in the Glock, not sure what a grip plug is...?

I have been using the Serpa for my 1911 acouple of years now, like it a lot...I have a 3# trigger in the Glock, not sure what a grip plug is...?
    plugs the hole (on the bottom) behind the mag well on Glocks.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Default Favorite Holsters

The Glock is a very good firearm I have a 19 and like it alot. My three favorite holsters are as follows.

CompTac C-Tac for inside the waist band
    High Noon Slide Guard for Leather
    Blackhawk Serpa for Kydex

The first two are around $80 and the High Noon will take about 6 months to get but it is worth it. The Serpa is about $50.

And don't forget that a good belt is the key to all day comfort, I would look at the ones made by CompTac or High Noon they are reinforced with kydex. Thats my 2 cents happy shooting.