Thread: Remington 700 Dangerous Game 375 HH 1OF500

Default Remington 700 Dangerous Game 375 HH 1OF500

I see Remington has this out with a matte finish and synthetic stock with sights and a barrel band for about 600. Has anyone got one or tried it out. Was thinking of buying one, accurazing it and bedding it in a Bell and Carlson medalist stock and adding it to the personal collection.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Sounds interesting, where did you find it at? My local gun shop hasn't been able to located any of these.

Default Got one

I bought one late last fall off of Gun Broker for $575.00 + $25.00 s/h and then has to pay my local FFL $25.00 for receiving it. I've only shot if 5 times so far, but I think I will like it. Funny thing though, it was advertised as a Dangerous Game series gun, but when you flip it over the engraving on the trap door says SPS Big Game and then 1 of 500 at the bottom. It is the 375 H&H.

Heres a link to one on GA for about 525-550

http://www.gunsamerica.com/944736354...ED_375_H_H.htm
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Thanks for the help!
    I got signed up with GA,It should be mine now.
    Mark

I went and picked up the .375 today, it really feels good to me.
    Thanks for the help heading me in the right direction to get one.
    Really a nice gun for the money.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Let me know how it shoot....I ordered one today to use for a semi custom project.

Adam

I like it, it has a pretty good trigger out of the box, the stock and soft pad really help dampen the recoil.

I shot some Winchester 300 Grain solids, I was expecting a lot more recoil and muzzle rise it really is more of a push. (Ammo is $29.97 a box from Cheaper Than Dirt)

I plan on loading up some 260 grain AccuBonds next.

How about some pictures of your new shooter. It sounds like a nice rifle. Also wondering what length is the barrel?
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

It has a 24"barrel, I will bring home a camera and see if I am smart enough to post pictures.
    To scope or use iron sight is the question of the day!
    Mark

Default Low powered scope

Depending on what your going to use it for will play the biggest role in your sites. If you do go with a scope I would suggest a Leupold VX-III in a 1.5-5x20, I have one on my 375 Ruger and 350 Rem MAg. It works excellent on both. Great field of view and still enough magnifacation to shoot 300 yds. if you wanted to. Just my .02
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Schmidt bender 1.5-6 zenith...I like mine