Thread: POW Island ELK

Default POW Island ELK

Okay hunters I need your experience. I searched the threads and only found limited info, I also googled for hours.
    I'm headed down to POW late this fall, I was just wondering if it was realistic to think I may see an ELK, and even more; see one within BOW range.
    Any other tips on time of year would help. I'm thinking about the end of October, but I have never been down there and I have never hunted deer here.
    Thanks to All

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    Okay hunters I need your experience. I searched the threads and only found limited info, I also googled for hours.
    I'm headed down to POW late this fall, I was just wondering if it was realistic to think I may see an ELK, and even more; see one within BOW range.
    Any other tips on time of year would help. I'm thinking about the end of October, but I have never been down there and I have never hunted deer here.
    Thanks to All
    Realistic? No! Possible? Maybe!

There have been numerous rumors for years, but nothing confirmed by ADFG.

I'm always looking, maybe one day one will surprise me.

Bryan,

Maybe is right.....

I hunted up by Coffman Cove with my Dad and we both believe there is a good chance elk have made it over to POW. You would be the luckiest man on the island to see one much less put an arrow in him.

The deer hunting is good so enjoy and keep your eyes open. Send pictures if you get one!!!

akBrian907