Thread: A bit of history

Exclamation A bit of history

"[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, - who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia."
    --George Mason, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 14 June 1778

Be careful and do not trust this current administration with our 2nd amendment rights........

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Default George Mason

was a Quaker, and his beliefs were not just politically based, the Quakers being non-violent. I'm not saying I agree, by any means. He finally acceeded to the wishes of the Founding Fathers, being torn by what he had always believed as a Quaker, but knowing that the need for independence was a necessity. Unfortunately, the present administration is not Quaker based, just wanting complete control over our lives. NOT!!
    There is a really excellent book on our 2nd Amendment rights and their origins. There are eerily familiar scenarios or potential ones. The Founders' Second Amendment - Origins of the Right to Bear Arms by Stephen P. Halbrook - available at