Thread: Wood cook stoves

Default Wood cook stoves

I"ve gone thru this section looking for recommendations on wood cooking stoves that are based on experience with them. I have been looking at the Kitchen queen cooking stove at

I used an old army surplus stove form the 50's for a while but it didn't heat the oven even and had a very small firebox.

When I was growing up, we had the Home Comfort, dang nice stove, still have it just not in use right now. It has the warming ovens on top, and the water resiviors on the sides. Dang Mom made more bread in that thing and me and my brother got into shape early on in life feeding it wood. Not complaining, that bread was good.

Wow that's very nice. Believe it or not I already sold mama on it, lol...she's a solid advocate for efficiency. Very efficient handling the job of heating, cooking and water with 1 tool.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed