Thread: Guy Rope Spacing

Default Guy Rope Spacing

I am building myself a hunting structure made of plywood and will use guy ropes on it to protect it from high winds.

For those of you who have wall tents, how far apart are the guy ropes.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

on a 12 foot wall at least 3 including corners... so over your total span.. at least every 3-4 feet should do...

also i would recommend some 18" screw in anchors or if it will be semi permanent... use the drive in anchors... with the cable eye sticking out.. you get them at any hardware store... they look like a harpoon tip with about 12-18" of cable on them and use a piece of rebar or other to drive them into the ground. Stakes will pull up over an extended period.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    on a 12 foot wall at least 3 including corners... so over your total span.. at least every 3-4 feet should do...

also i would recommend some 18" screw in anchors or if it will be semi permanent... use the drive in anchors... with the cable eye sticking out.. you get them at any hardware store... they look like a harpoon tip with about 12-18" of cable on them and use a piece of rebar or other to drive them into the ground. Stakes will pull up over an extended period.
    Thanks Vince, the distance is what I expected and I am goin to look up those 18" screw in anchors (I was planning on using 12 inch nails because someone told me they would do).

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by BEARBOB View Post
    Thanks Vince, the distance is what I expected and I am goin to look up those 18" screw in anchors (I was planning on using 12 inch nails because someone told me they would do).
    look in the doggie section if you can't find them.. made for tying out the pup... they work great
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here