Thread: Sheep and Moose hunting video's

Default Sheep and Moose hunting video's

Since, I didn't draw any tags. I looking to help ease my hunting FIX!! Anybody have any good sheep,moose ,bear hunting video picks you can recomend. Thanks

Black Shale, White Sheep is generally regarded as a decent sheep hunting video if you can get past the mostly poor shooting of the client/hunters.

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

black shale, white sheep with cure your fix and might make you feel better about your skills. as has been said they do not shoot very good to be going on those high dollor hunts. Float hunting alaska is a good moose hunting vid and has a ton of info on how to plan for a float trip.

greatlandproductions.com buy them all!! good stuff he's got.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Black Shale, White Sheep.. Very worthwhile.
    Billy Molls.. Rampage... Also very worthwhile.
    GreatLand Productions, High Spirits. Another very worthwhile video with a little different flavor, More of a kind of do it yourselfer type hunts. ( I owe brownbear for the tip on this video, Thanks buddy.). Enjoy. Ken.

ken, you the guy i met at wiggy's?
    Master guide 212

I wish, but no....... I live in Wisconsin. Maybe a month ago someone else had a post about videos and you mentioned Greatland. I have been bitten by the sheep bug like everyone else and watching the videos will help pass the time until this September, then you might see me in Wiggy's. Ken

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone , BRWNBR I called and talked to Mike today at Greatland and ordered his sheep and also his brown bear video. He took time to tell me about his filming and what to look for in his video's. Sounds like a guy who loves what he does thanks for the recommendation.

Default hunting videos and Wiggy's

huntNBgame.........I can also recommend those Greatland videos. They are enjoyable; and they feel like "true Alaskan experiences" rather than many of the "canned" type whitetail or private ranch hunts that are mass produced in the lower 48. I have five (sheep, bear, moose, variety x 2) of the Greatlands. Buck Nelson (700 miles alone....1,000 miles etc) also has a couple of really nice adventure videos. I say adventure because they are more about the outdoors in general, and not strictly hunting/shooting only. Pristine Ventures/Larry B has filmed the aforementioned Float Hunting and Wilderness Taxidermy videos. I believe he may have access to a recent one (2008) called Mortenson's Hunting Adventure. This was a self done video like Buck's. Billy Molls has also filmed a number of videos, but I have never yet seen one of his. Many of these videos can be purchased here on this site in the online store. If you are local they can be picked up at Wiggy's. That is where I bumped into BRWNBR.
    Hi, Jake. That was me that you met at Wiggy's. It was nice talking with you. I guess we can both put a face to a moniker. I must admit, you might be a little shorter in real life than in your posts....ha ha.

Brannon

Bull Mania is a video I really like for moose. Lots of animals/hunts, great action.

shorter in real life than my posts??!?! what...oh geez now the secrets out....ok ok i buy womens sleeping bags cause they are lighter..there i said it, now lets move on...geez.
    (i'm kidding....seriously)
    i couldn't remember who it was i met there, but now i know.
    Mike at Greatland loves his videoing and he does some great work, having a cub really helps that out for sure! He's a stand up guy, glad you guys liked the videos. we need to support more alaskans doing this type of stuff rather than jack brittingham coming up and videoing all his guided hunts....
    Master guide 212

lol.....all in good fun BRWNBR. I suppose being forgetable is certainly more concerning than using women's............sleeping bags. To show the level of outdoorsmany (is that a word?) respect I have for you, I bought every one of those Greatland videos we spoke of. I have enjoyed them, and could not agree more that productions of real Alaskans hunting authentically is what we should support. Anyone care to comment on the Billy Molls videos?

I just enjoy the outdoors vids. I have the Dick Proeneke video as well it isn't about hunting but it will make you want to move to a remote cabin in the wilderness. I need to get my wife to ship me out my copy of Black Shale White sheep. so I can rip it onto my HD. I am also going to pick up the Buck Neslon DVD's at some point. I do have the High spirts great land vid on my puter. I nearly have it memorized! Certianly not the super high quality footage like on a production hunting show but it does give you the feeiling that you are going along on a DIY hunt. I know I enjoy it. I need to find a couple goat hunting vids now

millysmojo....
    its ok i've got the knife outa my tiny torso...lol no hard feelings. Glad you liked the videos, i've got a pile in my drawer here, watch em when i'm working out...big help looking at the mnts and thinking how bad it could be, great motivator!!
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    millysmojo....
    its ok i've got the knife outa my tiny torso...lol no hard feelings. Glad you liked the videos, i've got a pile in my drawer here, watch em when i'm working out...big help looking at the mnts and thinking how bad it could be, great motivator!!
    DANG It BRWNBR!! Now I have to have my sheep vids on my IPOD so I can watch them while on the stairmaster at the gym.... Do you know what a PITA it is going to be to convert them all into MP4... It is amazing how much work this forum creats for me!

you don't have them on it already!!! geez...its the best work out video's ever watching some poor sap sweat and swear makes that stair stepper really get warmed up and glow red!! amazing how long you can work out and not even realize it when your watching a sheep hunting video!
    Master guide 212