Thread: haul road

Default haul road

i am planning a haul road for the fall season, any one have any words of wisdom and/or pictures to get an idea of what to expect?

Do a search for "haul road" and you should getting plenty of postings that will give you a great idea.

Default Just my thoughts

Have made two trips, had a great time for each

Figure out when you want to go, know your expecatations---prioritize, understand that it isnt a total slam dunk. Have a good vehicle with at least one spare. Know what the gas prices are up north---very expensive--they do take credit card. Dont sleep in your truck, get a good tent and camp out, always park your vehicle off the road in the pullouts---never blocking a gate---and never pull your vehicle into the tundra. If you are bowhunting---no your limits and take a quality rangefinder--and dont be surprised to see other hunters sneaking on the same bulls that you are trying to stalk. If you are a rifle hunter---get in the best shape of your life===and pray that you have mental toughness. As in anything, it is all of what you make of it, it is a poor mans bowhunt, take a good camera and a good attitude--and you wont regret going.

Default AOD Wiki

We have our own wikipedia... there's a haul road link...

http://wiki.outdoorsdirectory.com/wi...l_Road_Hunting

Enjoy.

I will give you the very best piece of advice you will get from anyone:

Good quality walking stick!