Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a pilot and a plane

Default need a pilot and a plane

i am trying to solidify a hunt but it ould be much mor comfortable if i could get some one to fly me in. i need to know what price range i am looking at, i will give details to serious inquiries.

Will you need a Herc or a Stupid Cub......?

I can't let a comment go by like that on the Cub. It's like insulting my Mother.

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    Will you need a Herc or a Stupid Cub......?
    You have Hercs in Sunrise . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by windypoint View Post
    I can't let a comment go by like that on the Cub. It's like insulting my Mother.
    Look at most of his replies in other forums. Hopeak clearly has serious height or accomplishment insecurities. Uses the "rolling eye" icon quite a bit to indicate that he knows more than the rest of the folks posting. Calling a Super Cub a Stupid Cub...I'm sure whatever he recommends must be the best aircraft the world has to offer.

An unfortunate individual, but mildly entertaining to watch/read.

Quote Originally Posted by mt al View Post
    Look at most of his replies in other forums. Hopeak clearly has serious height or accomplishment insecurities. Uses the "rolling eye" icon quite a bit to indicate that he knows more than the rest of the folks posting. Calling a Super Cub a Stupid Cub...I'm sure whatever he recommends must be the best aircraft the world has to offer.

An unfortunate individual, but mildly entertaining to watch/read.

So how many Piper PA18-150's have you owned....??? How many years, and thousands of hours do you have as a Commercial Pilot, Professional Super Cub Pilot......?

"Stupid Cub" is an inside joke.... that Cub Drivers Get. And you did not. I have only owned (3) Three PA18-150's.

So bring your stack of Pilot log books. And we can see who is well endowed... and who is insecure.... Now put-up or Zip-it.

Default Back on subject

I have myself, my 75# pack and hopefully on the way back a 100# hide and 80# of back straps and hind quarter meat of a grid so I do not know how much each different a/c will hold

Default just a thought

You might want to provide more details up front for getting some good input and advice about who could help you or what direction to point you in. Like Dates, distance, general area, your wt. type of landing, footage of runway if known or available and I'm sure that others could add a few other things as well.

Default Details

I am planning a grizzly hunt on the ressurection pass trail preferably at upper Russian lake so I can take advantage of the cabin there. There plan is the second week in April for a week. I am 200# myself a 75# pack that includes all my gear including rifle. I am unsure of landing condition or for that fact that you can land back there I have been told by nimetous people that time if yearvthe lakes are still solid but I do not know that from personal expirience. I am not a pilot myself so I do not know what these little planes are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by mudman1 View Post
    I am planning a grizzly hunt on the ressurection pass trail preferably at upper Russian lake so I can take advantage of the cabin there. There plan is the second week in April for a week. I am 200# myself a 75# pack that includes all my gear including rifle. I am unsure of landing condition or for that fact that you can land back there I have been told by nimetous people that time if yearvthe lakes are still solid but I do not know that from personal expirience. I am not a pilot myself so I do not know what these little planes are capable of.

You might want to check with ADF&G before you go much further, or review the game regulations, carefully.

Default regs

the flying in part of it it doesnt really say much about, it says that the trail is not accessable at that time of year by snow machine or four wheeler generally, and if your are talking about grizzly bear only being a draw tag i have a db303 tag which is open to the entire kenai penninsula.i have a topo map and there is a good mile and half to 2 miles of flat staright stretch (that looks solid according to the map) that would probably be pretty good to land on with tundra tires or skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    So how many Piper PA18-150's have you owned....??? How many years, and thousands of hours do you have as a Commercial Pilot, Professional Super Cub Pilot......?

"Stupid Cub" is an inside joke.... that Cub Drivers Get. And you did not. I have only owned (3) Three PA18-150's.

So bring your stack of Pilot log books. And we can see who is well endowed... and who is insecure.... Now put-up or Zip-it.
    I quit flying about 20 years ago and learned that number of hours flown has zero to do with a person's intelligence but does speak of one's experience. I repent. You truly are the man, with all the right answers to all the tough questions. You kill the biggest game with the smallest calibers. Your mild insults and lack of patience for simple questions show your superiority in all manly pursuits.

No, on second thought, I stand by my original accusations. Not based on this post but on others. You have problems. I'll continue to be entertained by your posts.

I apologize for hijacking this thread. Done.

Default ? Really ?

Play nice you two!

Joking around is OK, but be respectful of one another!
    Adison
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Default back on subject

please get back to my original post, is anyone interested in this job? or know someone who is?

please get back to my original post, is anyone interested in this job? or know someone who is?

Look in the phone book Yellow pages under Aircraft charter services.
    Tim

Default yellow pages

i plan on making a bunch of calls tomorrow, but what would be a reasonable price range to be looking at for the kenai peninsula?

Default landing there

Its refuge so you can't legally land in the flats there I don't think. Certain lakes are legal but if the lake ice gets rotten while you are in there (or the week prior) you are SOL. I don't know if anyone would do it but call the guy at moose pass. Google it. I'd walk in personally. Done it and its not bad. I would imagine you will pay $1000 for the flight but it all depends on where it originates. Very open ended question really. If the moose pass place will do it, it should be much less than an Anchorage charter for example. You will just have to call around. (double check this stuff for yourself, I am "shooting from the hip")
    just my .02 but I own an airplane and I would walk in
    Good luck.

Default walking in

you said you have walked in, where did you start at, and how long did it take you to reach the cabin and have you done it that time of year? Do i need snow shoes in the first two weeks of april?

Do i need snow shoes in the first two weeks of april?
    You will want them, for the hunt, even if they are not needed to get to the cabin. Remember a 200# man packing 100# bear coat, in rotten snow when sizing shoes. I would expect you will need them, even at cabin elevation, on first half of April.

Default What he said....

Walk the reserrection trail. Depending upon snow conditions you could bike but it probably a bit early yet. Watch out for avalanches. We had one cross the trail behind us before in the spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast