Thread: Good Day at the range

Thumbs up Good Day at the range

Well I went to the range with my new Flintlock Hawken. It shot great, ignition was about instant and its a good shooter at that. That wasnt the great part though.

The great part was I had two kids come up to me and ask about the muzzleloader. One kid came up and just hung out for a couple of seconds and took a look at the roundball.

The other kid came over with his dad and they hung out for a few. I let the kid shoot the cherokee and the dad shot the flintlock. They both thought it was neat. The dad seemed like he might try it out further.

Ive shot the muzzleloaders alot at the range, but rarely does anyone pay any attention. It was great having two kids come over.

That's cool Matt, always exciting when others take an interest and ask questions. I haven't been to the range in awhile, but the last couple times I had my flintlock there it seemed there was always one person who would watch from a distance before curiousity would get the better of him and would come over for a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Well I went to the range with my new Flintlock Hawken. It shot great, ignition was about instant and its a good shooter at that. That wasnt the great part though.

The great part was I had two kids come up to me and ask about the muzzleloader. One kid came up and just hung out for a couple of seconds and took a look at the roundball.

The other kid came over with his dad and they hung out for a few. I let the kid shoot the cherokee and the dad shot the flintlock. They both thought it was neat. The dad seemed like he might try it out further.

Ive shot the muzzleloaders alot at the range, but rarely does anyone pay any attention. It was great having two kids come over.
    Good job! I'm not above a little subversion myself. I know of darned few kids shooting muzzleloaders around here, mostly I suspect from lack of exposure. None of my extended group shoot at the range, shooting instead at our own informal range far from the "real" one. And since most of us are fogies, we're not around kids all that much.

Probably should do something about that. Good job, and thanks for the nudge!