Thread: Trojan Ram?

Default Trojan Ram?

Just curious if anyone has ever dressing in white and tried the trojan ram scenerio on dall sheep? Does it really work in certain circumstances or is it just an old wives tale? I would think that it may be worth wearing white if it snows and if works to trick a ram it may also have a 2nd use? Thanks!

Just be careful ewe don't get mounted........

Default It works better if you use gamebags.

I have used gamebags as decoys to make a valley look good for rams. I would set them up so that they would have vertical placement and then change them before it got light. The idea is not to make them look like rams but instead like ewes. You put them close to your camp but not too close(300yards) This keeps the sheep in the general area settled. I think that some of the Argali hunters do this in Kazakstan.

I wouldn't use overwhites unless it was a last ditch scenario.

The best advice I would give to you is to behave like a sniper. Practice sneaking up on stuff. Get into the country with a minimum of disruption. You never want any thing to notice your presence. This is what made us the dominant critter on the food chain.

Get into a position that the sheep never get an opportunity to see you and then hit them and approach them from a elevated position.

Thumbs up Yes....

Jim,
    Just recently in the past month+- this topic, wearing sheep whites, has also been covered.

Dennis

Default Post?

I did a search and can't seem to find the post mentioned above. Does anyone happen to know the post title or where I can look it up? Thanks!
    Jim

Thumbs up free info...

Jim,

4 weeks ago.
    Thread title - Wearing Whites for Sheep Hunting.
    Original post by- goaty

No need to contract a guide (grin/LOL). All the info is here on the forum.
    Contact me before you arrive in Anch....figure out how...have map in hand in ANCH.

Dennis
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Not so sure....

I don't know Dennis - I have read a lot on the forum - but somehow I don't think that it adds up to but a small % of the info you have hidden in your head......

As spring approaches I am still interested in picking out tidbits of that information though....I do have maps........

Randy