I know, another "perfect rifle" thread. I've been trying to hunt down the perfect rifle to fit my liking and my needs and I am looking really hard at getting a .308, hopefully equipped within a Kimber Montana. And so I have some questions.
Here are my thoughts and reasoning for the caliber.
1. Accurate within a distant range.
2. Versitile (thinking sheep, goat, caribou, blacktail, whitetail, black bear??, moose??, etc.)
3. Easy on the shoulder (not a big guy and not that I can't handle a larger caliber (I have a few), I just like the confidence factor added in and for me, that's a plus).
Here are my questions.
1. What does decent factory ammo cost? (All ammo is expensive in Homer).
2. Am I reasonable in my thinking on the above?
3. Have you ever heard of any issues in regards to the Kimber Montana?
Thanks! Any thoughts, options, opinions, criticisms, etc. are invited!