Thread: Why cant folks....

Default Why cant folks....

....post areas besides tag #'s?

Take for instance goat and sheep, They dont interest me all that much. I dont know what tag goes for what area.

I've covered a decent amount of area like most folks here. If we knew a drainage or valley, more info might come out, since we dont all put in for that tag, etc.

Just an idea.

lol to funny, half the time i don't read a post if it has a draw number in the title unless its one of the few i know...i agree name the place not the tag number. Probably get more info.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I read every post that includes DS102 in the title!!!

Geeesssh....I thought those were Part #'s for Dip Sticks that fell off ATV's, so DS is not DipStick........

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    ....post areas besides tag #'s?

Take for instance goat and sheep, They dont interest me all that much. I dont know what tag goes for what area.

I've covered a decent amount of area like most folks here. If we knew a drainage or valley, more info might come out, since we dont all put in for that tag, etc.

Just an idea.

well that is VERY simple...

because the guys asking are fishing for the drainage to go to...

and how to get there...

now? how much is it worth? i got trails all over this state not many know about
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have to agree with BRWNBR on this one in that I'd rather know the location instead of the tag number.
    I find myself very often looking up where the location of those tags are and sometimes it's not worth the time because it takes time (just like BRWNBR stated) unless I know them or have established some kind of rapport with that individual.

So... I am on this bandwagon. I agree that locations should be stated (in my opinion) instead of tag numbers.
    Lurker.

Really, really, really OLD geezers, have no reason to hoard information. But I Darn sure ain't wasting what little time there is left researching draw area code numbers......

How hard is it to type in DG475 into Google? (or any of the other drawing codes) One of the first things that comes up in a Google search like that is the hunt map. Frankly, most of the drainages I hunt aren't named that I know of.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    How hard is it to type in DG475 into Google? (or any of the other drawing codes) One of the first things that comes up in a Google search like that is the hunt map. Frankly, most of the drainages I hunt aren't named that I know of.
    Doug, I think the poster is asking that people ask about Zachar Bay goat hunt information in your case as oppose to DG475.