Thread: 2nd Amendment update

Exclamation 2nd Amendment update

2nd Amendment: Parks and parking lots

"The Obama administration is legally defending a last-minute rule enacted by President George W. Bush that allows concealed firearms in national parks," reports The Washington Post, "even as it is internally reviewing whether the measure meets environmental muster." Environmental muster? The Brady Campaign, the National Parks Conservation Association and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees pointed to inadequate environmental review in their lawsuit to overturn the rule. The outcome remains to be seen.
    Meanwhile, in a victory for the Second Amendment, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Tenth Circuit Court ruled unanimously that employees can legally keep firearms in locked vehicles while parked in employers' parking lots. The decision upholds a 2004 Oklahoma law that holds employers criminally liable for prohibiting such exercise of the right to keep and bear arms. A lower court had ruled against the law, saying that it violated private property rights.
    In another parking lot case, 17-year-old Marie Morrow was expelled from her Colorado high school for having drill team practice rifles (made of wood and duct tape) in her car in the school parking lot. The school board reviewed the case and limited the expulsion to time already served since the 5 February incident. Morrow, an honors student and member of the Douglas County Young Marines, has had a good attitude about the ordeal, saying, "I'm not blaming anyone."

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Obama's administration is actually FOR carrying guns in national parks? Did I read that right?

Thanks for the update...

Brian

Be careful, the Obama Admin has two hands. One shakes your hand while the other grabs your wallet. . .

Default 3 Hands

Actually three hands - the other is stabbing you in the back!

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Be careful, the Obama Admin has two hands. One shakes your hand while the other grabs your wallet. . .
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Where did this info come from?
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~