Thread: meat grinder 600 pounds an hour 1hp

Default meat grinder 600 pounds an hour 1hp

After stripping the gears on about 6 meat grinders i decide to make one that will run off a belt.
    so if you hit a bone if it doesnt grind it down the belt just spins and you stop the moter and turn the belt the other way and clean it.
    also with this setup i dont need to cut the meat into small chunks any more.
    as long as it will sqeeze into the 5 inch hopper you are good to go.
    i got the grinder of ebay and my Dad got the 1 hp moter in fairbanks somewere

we mounted it on a 2x6 only thing left is to make a spring loaded belt udjuster

i would reccomend to get a smaller version of this grinder the 32# size
    that way it dont weigh 70 pounds

the pics are me grinding caribou
    sorry for bad quality pics

o by the way it grinds as fast as you can load it its a lot of fun too

How do i post big pics and not as atachment?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That thing is awesome! I might have to make something similar. I bet you could use an adjuster off of a car alternator belt to automatically tension the belt. Nice work!

Default Meat grinder

Nice work and great idea.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

My buddy has the same set-up: #32 grinder hooked up to a fly wheel and an electric motor. He said it works slick, but you really have to watch your hands around the wheel and belt or you'll get hurt.

I've had a #32 grinder for about 8 years and have put a TON of meat through it. Moose, elk, bison, deer, antelope, and on and on. And I double grind everything. Every single ounce of that meat ground with the power of my right arm If I had room to store such a set-up, I'd consider building a similar rig.

Jeff

Great idea , man thhat would save alot of cranking..
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Great looking unit! now build a guard around those moving parts, you KNOW if it lops off a finger it's going to be your trigger finger!

Default That looks great!

I've been thinking about this for a long time. When I was a kid, my dad built his grinder similar to this.
    Where did you get the flywheel?

Quote Originally Posted by emrdux View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a long time. When I was a kid, my dad built his grinder similar to this.
    Where did you get the flywheel?
    Cabelas use to sell a flywheel that fit their cast iron grinders. But I couldn't find it in a recent search.

For sure you need a guard over the belt and pulley's. Trigger finger is right.

Default pully came with it

When i bought it from ebay the pully already came with the grinder.
    also on the pully there is theads from the side were you can screw in
    a handle and try to crank it by hand
    i took the handle of so it doesent hit me when it spins

I got mine from Alaska Butcher Supply in Anch a few years ago. I think they called it the "polock pulley"? It has ground up probably a dozen moose or more and no prob yet.

Default Belt drive

Not sure you call it a pulley. Its also nothing new, we used them in PA when I was a kid in the 50's. I have been using one here in AK since about 1974. Ground up about everything you can hunt here, Anyway here is where you can get the wheel. http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...yword=choppers. Also another good place to shop is Cumberlandgeneral.com. This place is also in PA.

Default $$

Hey them wheeles cost more than then i payed for Grinder!