Thread: Argo Parts?

Exclamation Argo Parts?

Where is everyone getting parts for an Avenger other then the guy in Anchorage?

I have an Avenger 700 and need some bearings, guy in Anchorage wants over $70 for one bearing, that's a little excessive.

I bought this unit off of a guy in Seattle and it has run great until the rear bearing exploded into little pieces all over in the tub.

Names of dealers or help would be great.

Try Alaska Bearing. They carry the bearing for argos here in Fairbanks or call the argo dealer in Co. he is alot cheaper then All Season. Also their is Route6x6 that sells them and they have a website. Their is another place but I will have to wait until I get home to post the name of the company.

Talking save money buddy

I just went on 6x6 forum with a thread about this. The guy in anchorage RACKS YOU! the guy wanted 750$ for a wench mount(bracket only). I called outdoor argo in colorado and Talked with ed who said he could mail me priority for 174 plus shipping. hIS WEBSITE IS HERE. gREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH. Gets parts straight from the factory in large shipments to cut down shipping cost which inturn gives us better prices. Please call this guy and save your arm and leg from the guy in anchorage. This guy also delivers argo's up here too. He only deals with argo and is very nice and knowledable.

http://www.buyargo.com/

ARGO Outdoor Sports
    9-5:30 Monday-Friday
    9-4 Saturday
    2575 Hwy 6 & 50
    Grand Junction, CO 81501
    970-263-8544

Thumbs up Update!

Called Argo Outdoor Sports in Colorado this morning and spoke with Ed. He had the bearing in stock and I ordered 2.

Asked him about delivering units to Alaska and he said he can't actually drive them to the the state, but what most guys do is a group will get together and decide to purchase, and one guy will drive down to Colorado and load the units up on a long utility trailer and bring them back to AK. The other guys will cover gas and lodging to have their units brought back up and save $$$$ over Anchorage dealer. You can pay to have it shipped he said and that is running around $1800 to Anchorage.

He said he has one unit sold to a guy in Palmer that is coming in on his truck load next week, and if others wanted to purchase he can put everyone in touch with each other to work out logistics and save everyone $$$.

He said on larger parts shipping can run $$$ to AK, but if its axles or smaller items he can normally get it up here for under $35 by UPS or if it can fit in a Priority mail Flat rate large box it runs $12.95.

Sweet!

I am going to deal with this place from now on.

Why donít you guys pool your information?

Post the # on the side of bearing, where you got them $$, chains, axels, etc.

If Argo does not have a wiring diagram make one.

Do you know how to test your battery charging system with out any test equipment?

Has anyone made any special tools?

Do and donít in crossing streams, go up or down hills, etc.

All vehicles have problems that keep returning maybe someone knows of an answer.

I used to sell a Ranger track machine and the factory was no help; I had a book with every thing I learned and when talking to people I was surprised to learn how some people solved problems that I could not. I would share the information with my customers.

Pass around your email address if you donít want to post here.

Just a thought.

Has anybody installed a extra battery in there Conquset? If so did you fab. your bracket yourself and where did you mount the extra battery? Thanks

All you argo owners out here if you are tired of looking for a website that actually has an argo forum. instead of hunting for argo posts around here come on over to atvfrontier.com. i do however ask that you don't do alot of bi*$hing on there about prices like this thread got onto. I agree with moose lets pool information not put down the only local access to stuff we got. I have talked with jason over at all seasons. He has been getting screwed on his prices from his distributer. He has apologised and assured me that around MARCH he is going to be dealer direct wich means that he can pass the savings onto us. I have no problem shopping around for a better price on things but lets face it prices on everythign is going up were all going to have to bite the bullet. and a man has to make a living. I have seen his prices that he pays and well he isn't making all that much off of anything he sells really at least the parts and stuff. like a mechanic or car dealer money comes from initial sale and labor not parts.

Bottom line is All-Season-Argo does rip people off. When I can buy a argo and have it shipped up and still save 2K their is a problem. If he lowers his prices then maybe I will start buying stuff from him again.

Argonut
    I am a member of that forum also and like that it has a section just for Argos.

i am guessing you live in palmer then. I just got off the phone with ED about breaks and he mentioned you.

Hey guys and gals,

Been a few changes in the Argo world for myself (Argo Ed). If you still want a grrreat deal on parts visit our new site below.

Check out our new Argo website www.ArgoAdventure.com the most complex assortment of Argo parts on the web. Free parts and service manuals, as well as if you use an Alaska address for shipping call and you will get a log-in account to view additional savings off the prices published. Call Ed at 970-361-4441 to get you log-in set-up before ordering.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Ed sent this over to me a few days ago in an e-mail with the new company he is working for. My last post doesn't explain that ... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfreak View Post
    Hey guys and gals,

Been a few changes in the Argo world for myself (Argo Ed). If you still want a grrreat deal on parts visit our new site below.

Check out our new Argo website www.ArgoAdventure.com the most complex assortment of Argo parts on the web. Free parts and service manuals, as well as if you use an Alaska address for shipping call and you will get a log-in account to view additional savings off the prices published. Call Ed at 970-361-4441 to get you log-in set-up before ordering.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Go through 2 D max in fairbanks. His name is mark. All these questions have been answered here! http://www.6x6world.com/forums/forum.php Get into the "argo" forum. All questions will be answered

Yup, the dealer in Anchorage has the market. Used to have a friend that started as one of the first dealers in AK and was just a small business guy that just loved selling and running them, but just like normal, a guy with more $$ comes in and convinces argo that having one big dealer is the best, so they shut him down. Nothing like having no competition and marking up the prices! And yes, you are getting ripped off by the Anchorage dealer.