Thread: kodiak silvers

Default kodiak silvers

we are headed for kodiak in september. has anyone stayed at a b&b or lodge that was acceptable in price and services we are thinking about 300 per night for 5 to 6 people ( maybe a house or cabin). we will be fishing the road system any help would be great. and if anyone has a truck or old van to rent that would be cool too

thanks

Thumbs up Check this out

Go to the following link it should be all the B&B's in Kodiak

http://www.kodiak.org/component/sobi2/?catid=39

Or I would try the following link

http://www.kodiak.org/component/sobi2/?catid=41

Try Beaver Lake rental Mike York

Try Park Side Guest House Lisa Kostelecky

Book quick, everything for September including rental cars go quick.

Default Parkside Guesthouse

I would recommend Parkside Guesthouse. We stayed there in 2007 and will be there again this year from 9/11-9/19 I believe. It worked out perfect for us...let me know if you have questions about the place

Default Celtic Mist B&B

Contact Rowland Baker (ballatana@gmail.com) , He runs the Celtic Mist B&B. Great guy lives in Bells flats closer to fishing than town, has 3 rooms with big beds and is willing to give a good group discount. No car though, do not know any body that rents besides the two companies at the airport.

Default Bring some sturdy tackle...

Kodiak silvers are HUGE and mighty tough. You'll love it if theres a good run...Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by zekeski View Post
    Kodiak silvers are HUGE and mighty tough. You'll love it if theres a good run...Good Luck
    Yes, indeed! I caught a dozen or so over 16lbs last fall, the largest 18lbs. Many fish around that size, and some bigger. I was catching them into December, I love the loooong silver run here.

Quote Originally Posted by mnfish365 View Post
    Yes, indeed! I caught a dozen or so over 16lbs last fall, the largest 18lbs. Many fish around that size, and some bigger. I was catching them into December, I love the loooong silver run here.
    thanks
    we will be staying out by the olds river at the zimmermann b&b hoping to get into the silvers, any rainbow fishing in the area

Some rainbows in the stocked lakes, but you'll get into some dollies for sure in the rivers. You guys will be real close to the action near the Olds. It will give you a head start in the morning, less of a drive than anyone coming from town.

ya that was the plan less driving back and forth the better
    looking to fish area below the bridges on the 14th
    then hit hard above the bridges 15th and 16th and the rest of the week