Thread: Harold [Bill] Fuller Hawken

Default Harold [Bill] Fuller Hawken

I recently acquired a custom Hawken-style .54 rifle stamped H. FULLER. I understand this is Harold [Bill] Fuller (deceased) of Cooper Landing, AK. Does anyone know the scarcity/collectability of Mr. Fuller's rifles? Thanks.

Attaching pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Beautiful Rifle

Sorry, can't help you with the collectability of Mr. Fuller's rifles, but did want to comment on how nice a smokepole that is. If you ever want to get rid of I've got first dibs. I'm a sucker for curly maple stock and I really like the color of this one. Is it a .50 cal?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Contact Keith Bayha. He might know. Keiths email is nohorn@gci.net

Quote Originally Posted by rudybolla View Post
    I recently acquired a custom Hawken-style .54 rifle stamped H. FULLER. I understand this is Harold [Bill] Fuller (deceased) of Cooper Landing, AK. Does anyone know the scarcity/collectability of Mr. Fuller's rifles? Thanks.

Attaching pics.
    I've seen a couple go for $800-900 in the last year. That surprised me both times, because it certainly appears that Fuller had an eye for fine maple. But I never got to handle one for a closer look at the detailing, and that's what would be required to push the price any higher for me. Other than that I know next to zip about them. I'm kind of distracted right now by GRRW rifles, which use fine wood like Fullers, and have superb metal finish and fit. They are going in the same price range.

I have received some interest from folks on the forum about buying this rifle and am considering selling it, as I have another custom muzzleloader that was made just for me. This one is a little too "beefy" for my hands.

So if anyone is interested in owning a Harold Fuller Hawken , let me know and I can send more photographs to any email address provided.

I have received some interest from folks on the forum about buying this rifle and am considering selling it, as I have another custom muzzleloader that was made just for me. This one is a little too "beefy" for my hands.

So if anyone is interested in owning a Harold Fuller Hawken , let me know and I can send more photographs to any email address provided.
    I see the buyer backed out of the sale on one I knew of for $900, and it's back up for sale. Or was that you that backed out of the other sale? The rifles look much the same, though the backgrounds in the photos are different.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I see the buyer backed out of the sale on one I knew of for $900, and it's back up for sale. Or was that you that backed out of the other sale? The rifles look much the same, though the backgrounds in the photos are different.
    That is my rifle up for sale. I had a buyer, but he apparently bit off more than he could chew (financially), so had to back out. I took a bunch of new photos with more detail for the auction.

That is my rifle up for sale. I had a buyer, but he apparently bit off more than he could chew (financially), so had to back out. I took a bunch of new photos with more detail for the auction.
    That makes a lot more sense! It's a cool rifle and I wish I could afford it. But thanks for the great photos. I've got an early original 450, so I can appreciate the kind of workmanship you're talking about.

Someone jump on this rifle!! A bit of pure Alaska history that's well made and appears in great shape.

Default Where listed?

Where is the rifle listed for sale? I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Polardude View Post
    Where is the rifle listed for sale? I'm interested.
    Hi Polardude. The rifle is on gunbroker.com. Search for auction 124016908.

I can provide additional details if you need them.

This rifle will soon be heading back to the state of its birth!

Very cool rifle at a fair price. Makes me think I need to get a muzzle loader at some point.

I had Harold bore out a Winchester Model 71 (.348 Winchester caliber) to his .450 Fuller caliber a number of years ago. He provided the reloading dies, too. Jack Shine stocked it for me with the last good piece of Russian walnut that was at that time available. Carried it as an Alaska Registered Guide for many years. Still have it, and wouldn't part with it for any amount of money.

I'm told that both Fuller's and Johnson's .450s are as rare on the market as hens' teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 1 View Post
    I'm told that both Fuller's and Johnson's .450s are as rare on the market as hens' teeth.
    Amen to that!