Thread: Shotgunning

Default Shotgunning

How many shotgunners are on here. Trap,Skeet, Sporting etc..I remember back about 93 or 94 we had the first state Sporting clay chapionship at Eagle Ridge in Delta Junction and had a good number of shooters.

I used to shoot a lot of trap, skeet, and sporting clays, but I haven't been actively shooting the shotgun sports in many years.

Definitely a shotgunner! I have had shotguns seems like forever, and I love shooting them. Rifles came far later after I went out on my own, and I'm still trying to figure out how to hold steady and aim instead of just swinging and shooting on the fly.

I was raised in the Midwest, rifles didn't have as much purpose for us.

Another shotgunner here. I shoot registered skeet in the summer and practice in the winter with the occasional Sporting Clays and round of Trap thrown in for good measure. My current "Go-To" guns are a Winchester Select Energy O/U with a set of Briley Sub-Gauge Tubes and a Ruger Red Label that I will probably have tubes made for soon. However, when I get nostalgic I reach for one of my Remington 870 or 1100.

Dan

I come up to Wasilla every year to shoot in the State Sporting Clays Championship at Grouse Ridge Shooting Grounds.

GRSG is one of the finest clubs I've shot at.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I went by Briley alot when I was back in Texas. I liked their 25" tubes as then I could use them in any lenght barrel I had.In 2000 we were all in the vintager kick and shooting the Brit shottyguns many with hammers and damascus it was a hoot to bring the old wonderfull guns back into use. In Haines we had a nice trap range and in 1992 purchased one of the trap house sporting clays trailers and set up a nice course.About the same time Frank Burris in Delta Junction set up a course and that was it in Alaska for a few years as far as sporting went.

I used to work at grouse ridge, its definatly a top notch place. If you want to find some shotgunners I'd suggest going down there. They are out in wasilla off of wasilla fishhook on tex al. If anyone is in the market for a brand new over under shotgun let me know i got a pretty nice one for sale.

Whachagot Manstallion? I'm always in the market for a new O/U. A man can't have too many guns.

Dan

I'm a relatively new shotgunner myself. I'm from the other side of the fence from Schmidty Dog. I grew up spending hours upon hours plinking with air rifles, and later rimfires and centerfires. I'm finding it somewhat challenging to get the hang of leading my target instead of aiming directly at it, but my Mossberg 500 is the only one of my guns that put meat on my table this year (spruce and ruffled grouse), and even though I miss more than I hit, shooting clays is more fun than I ever thought it would be.

I'll even go so far as to admit that I am considering saving up for a nice over-under. And that's a fair stretch for my penny-pinching nature. most of the over-unders I've seen cost almost as much as my entire collection of guns.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.