Thread: trail cam # pictures

Default trail cam # pictures

I have never owned a trail cam and I just bought two.

What I would like to know is, what is the maximum number of pictures (good or bad) that your trail cam has taken in an week.

Thanks

BEARBOB

Default trail cam

I have never waited a week to check the camera but I would say when the bait is active I would get a couple hundred in that amount of time. Have at least 20 or 30 every day I check it. mine takes a few pictures sometimes when the light changes I think shadows trigger it a few times. before a bear hits the bait I may have 5 or 6 pics a day from birds squirells or even leaves and twigs falling in front of it.

Default # of pics

It depends on your settings. Last year was not a good year for me. But in previous years I have used a 3 pic setting and had over 60 pics in a week. I have seen some who have a lot more than that.

It depends entirely on the bear movement or whatever else that might trigger the camera to go off. Last year, my camera took over a 100 pictures in one day, and it wasn't from the same bear.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i too have had 100 or more photos a day... i use a large MB SD card... 1-2 gb..last year sucked... i set them high to keep the bears from eating them again... so they had sharp angles down... got great shots of the bears... but also has 600 rabbit shots to... sometimes 10-12 in the photo at a time. i had no idea those things liked dog food so much... i set mine to 1 min intervals. and a bear can move around a lot in a minute ... and give you an idea of what they do while there. i have never used the video function of the camera yet but may try once this year...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Videos

I like to set my trail camera on video mode. I get 10 second clips when there is enough light for them. I get to see more angles of the bears. On my cam when there is not enough light (Usually about two hours a night at that time of year) my cam takes pictures every 1 minute.

I really enjoy checking my trail cam. My trail cam takes the same SD cards as my digital camera. As soon as I get to my trail cam I swap the card with my digital camera. I get to sit in my bear stand watching the videos and pictures of the bears that have visited from the previous days. I try to identify key parts of every bear so I know if it is bear to shoot or not when he comes in.

To answer your question I average about 100-10 second clips and 20 photos a week from my site. I have bears that will come to my bait site and sit down for hours and take turns feeding and napping. Now I just need them to do that while I am in the stand.

Good luck

I havent waited a week to check mine,but about 5 or 6 days was the longest spell Ive waited.Anyhow, Ive had in that time 1200 pictures taken.Als in a matter of 7 hours Ive had 3-400 pictures taken,a nother time I had 987 pictures taken in a 2 day period,

Like AFHunter I set my cam's to take 3 pictures at a time when the infra red is tripped.Granted you have tons of photos to look thru while on stand as in flying squirrels,and squirrels in general to leaves falling etc...

This year I hope to add another trail cam to each stand so I can have one taking photos and the other will be for video's.

The reason I went with the 3 photo shots per trip is for the fact that I use a 2 or 4 GB SD card, so it has plenty to store.Good luck with your cams your gonna love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    I havent waited a week to check mine,but about 5 or 6 days was the longest spell Ive waited.Anyhow, Ive had in that time 1200 pictures taken.Als in a matter of 7 hours Ive had 3-400 pictures taken,a nother time I had 987 pictures taken in a 2 day period,

Like AFHunter I set my cam's to take 3 pictures at a time when the infra red is tripped.Granted you have tons of photos to look thru while on stand as in flying squirrels,and squirrels in general to leaves falling etc...

This year I hope to add another trail cam to each stand so I can have one taking photos and the other will be for video's.

The reason I went with the 3 photo shots per trip is for the fact that I use a 2 or 4 GB SD card, so it has plenty to store.Good luck with your cams your gonna love them.
    *Still very jealous over your Tom Tom*
    Those are great bear shots that you have from your bait stations! *jealous!!!!*
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    *Still very jealous over your Tom Tom*
    Those are great bear shots that you have from your bait stations! *jealous!!!!*
    HAHAHA! thanks. I found something better now. Its an ENVUE! got it from wal-mart for $25.00 bucks. pop in the SD card and bam! got the pictures. SOmehitng similar at Sportsmans is $104.00 bucks, but takes two SD cards and you can transfer pictures from one card to the next.I'll show ya next time.

Well, here is an Oregon comment...

I have two IR cameras out on my property. I set them with 2 shots then a 5 minute wait before firing again. This past week I had 4 photos of nothing on one and 86 photos of elk on the other. Those 86 photos were taken over two nights.

In the fall I was also getting deer on the camera. The most I got was 192 in one week.

I use a 2 gig SD card. They are supposed to hold about 1000 frames. I carry two cards. I just swap them out each week, download the photos to the computer, then use it again next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks to all.
    That is exactly the information I was looking for.
    I went out and bought 4-2gb memory cards one for each camera and one extra each to swap out.