Thread: T/C Triumph Bone Collector

Default T/C Triumph Bone Collector

The new addition to the Triumph® Magnum Muzzleloader family is the T/C Triumph Bone Collector™, the signature gun from T/C Pro Michael Waddell who helped design this revolutionary firearm. A one of a kind, exclusive gun that has all the great features of the Triumph but improves upon them by adding Flex Tech™ technology and Energy Burners to a shorter stock (approx. 1"). Also, added is T/C's premium fluted barrel with Weather Shield™ and T/C's patented Power Rod™.
    This .50 caliber powerhouse is available with a composite stock in dark gray/Weather Shield or in Realtree AP™ camo/ Weather Shield. The Triumph Bone Collector™ is the most performance driven and innovative magnum muzzleloader on the market today. Wherever your adventures may take you, the Triumph Bone Collector™ will be there to help you take your next trophy.

Triumph™ Bone Collector Muzzleloader, .50 Cal., 28" Fluted Weather Shield™ Barrel, 209 Primer Ignition, Composite Stock with REALTREE® AP HD™ Camo; scope and mounts not included. No. 8527

I talk with Shelly at thompson center arms. They should be out sometime in march or April.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post

The new addition to the Triumph® Magnum Muzzleloader family is the T/C Triumph Bone Collector™, the signature gun from T/C Pro Michael Waddell who helped design this revolutionary firearm. A one of a kind, exclusive gun that has all the great features of the Triumph but improves upon them by adding Flex Tech™ technology and Energy Burners to a shorter stock (approx. 1"). Also, added is T/C's premium fluted barrel with Weather Shield™ and T/C's patented Power Rod™.
    This .50 caliber powerhouse is available with a composite stock in dark gray/Weather Shield or in Realtree AP™ camo/ Weather Shield. The Triumph Bone Collector™ is the most performance driven and innovative magnum muzzleloader on the market today. Wherever your adventures may take you, the Triumph Bone Collector™ will be there to help you take your next trophy.

Triumph™ Bone Collector Muzzleloader, .50 Cal., 28" Fluted Weather Shield™ Barrel, 209 Primer Ignition, Composite Stock with REALTREE® AP HD™ Camo; scope and mounts not included. No. 8527

I talk with Shelly at thompson center arms. They should be out sometime in march or April.
    It looks like an interesting gun. Offhand though, I sure wish all the inline makers would get away from 50 cal and offer something bigger. I know 50 sounds "big" when you're used to centerfire. but the trend continues toward high velocities and flat trajectories. And for use in Alaska's primitive weapon seasons, that's all pretty pointless. You can't use scopes, and with open sights that flat trajectory isn't going to mean much. On the other hand, at the closer ranges we're shooting, especially at bigger game, there are bonus points for bigger, heavier bullets. My inline of choice is an old Knight, specifically because it's a 54 cal. The 50's come and go in my rack, but that ratty old 54 lives on. The only thing that could replace it would be a 58. In my hands, the bigger calibers just kill better.

No reflection on the extras TC has built into their latest offering, but I won't be buying till they bring out at least a 54. If they brought out a 58, I'd be pacing the floor waiting for the delivery truck.

I wonder how long it will take all the manufacturer's to figure out that the market is pretty well awash in 50's?

My gripe, and no one elses, for sure!

I agree with you BrownBear, lots of .50s on the market, give us something different for a change. I recall a few years ago someone, Knight maybe?, came out with the .52 caliber. What was the point, why not just offer a .54 and be done with it? Come to think of it, I never have seen .52 cal sabots in the store. I am surprised the manufacturers haven't followed suit with the centerfire fellas and offered an "Alaskan" series muzzleloader. Take Remington for example. They offered the 700 TI as a lightweight alternative to their traditional 700 model. Then comes along the 700 TI Alaskan. I guess everything with "Alaskan" in the title is suppose to be better Maybe T/C will come out with an Triumph Alaskan next year, a big brother to the gun above only in .58. All in all, it sure is nice to have all the options that traditional muzzleloaders allow one to pursue in terms of different barrels, locks, sights, etc.

I do agree A 54. or 58. would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    I agree with you BrownBear, lots of .50s on the market, give us something different for a change. I recall a few years ago someone, Knight maybe?, came out with the .52 caliber. What was the point, why not just offer a .54 and be done with it? Come to think of it, I never have seen .52 cal sabots in the store. I am surprised the manufacturers haven't followed suit with the centerfire fellas and offered an "Alaskan" series muzzleloader. Take Remington for example. They offered the 700 TI as a lightweight alternative to their traditional 700 model. Then comes along the 700 TI Alaskan. I guess everything with "Alaskan" in the title is suppose to be better Maybe T/C will come out with an Triumph Alaskan next year, a big brother to the gun above only in .58. All in all, it sure is nice to have all the options that traditional muzzleloaders allow one to pursue in terms of different barrels, locks, sights, etc.
    Kind of reminds me of the old Elmer Keith/Jack Oconnor battles about big slow bullets versus small fast ones. I had a chance to meet them long ago when they were together at a SHOT show, and believe it or not, they were actually friends, kind of laughing that their battles in print had yielded such good livings for both of them. Lots of food for thought in that meeting!

I was just looking for a .54 online today. From what I was reading, the .54 is fading into history. T/C doesn't have any listed on their website. It appears that outside of a few areas they just don't sell.
    Are you as unimpressed with my signature block as I am with yours?

I am refering to inlines by the way, not traditional.
    Are you as unimpressed with my signature block as I am with yours?

I love Thompson Center muzzleloaders. I have an older model Encore and I have not had a single problem with it over the years. But advertising in the hunting and shooting industry is getting rediculous. Now we have "Bone Collector" muzzleloaders and Realtree burger patties and bottled water. Pretty soon every power belt bullet is going to have Michael Waddell's picture etched on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton74 View Post
    I was just looking for a .54 online today. From what I was reading, the .54 is fading into history. T/C doesn't have any listed on their website. It appears that outside of a few areas they just don't sell.
    Yeah. That's why I'm hanging onto my old Knight 54. I kinda think the manufacturers have got this whole long range, flat trajectory bug up their........ ears..... a little too far and are really missing the bet. Lots of states don't allow scopes, just like Alaska, so long range flat trajectory is like a jet engine on a crop duster. And there's lots to be said for getting your power at closer ranges from bigger and heavier bullets rather than smaller and faster ones. Right along the lines of the old Keith/Oconnor battle that raged for 60 years. I'm sure they'd hate to hear us say it, but the inline manufacturers are the Jack Oconnors of the muzzleloader world!

And yeah, you are whistling in the wind if you are looking for a current 54 caliber inline. Start hitting the used lists.

And all that is going on while there's a surge in interest in the larger calibers among traditional shooters! Lyman's 54 calibers are hot items, and good luck tracking down bigger bores than 54 at reasonable prices! It's sure feeding the custom makers however, so all is not lost, I guess.

It would be niceif they would make one.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Yeah. That's why I'm hanging onto my old Knight 54. I kinda think the manufacturers have got this whole long range, flat trajectory bug up their........ ears..... a little too far and are really missing the bet. Lots of states don't allow scopes, just like Alaska, so long range flat trajectory is like a jet engine on a crop duster. And there's lots to be said for getting your power at closer ranges from bigger and heavier bullets rather than smaller and faster ones. Right along the lines of the old Keith/Oconnor battle that raged for 60 years. I'm sure they'd hate to hear us say it, but the inline manufacturers are the Jack Oconnors of the muzzleloader world!

And yeah, you are whistling in the wind if you are looking for a current 54 caliber inline. Start hitting the used lists.

And all that is going on while there's a surge in interest in the larger calibers among traditional shooters! Lyman's 54 calibers are hot items, and good luck tracking down bigger bores than 54 at reasonable prices! It's sure feeding the custom makers however, so all is not lost, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    I love Thompson Center muzzleloaders. I have an older model Encore and I have not had a single problem with it over the years. But advertising in the hunting and shooting industry is getting rediculous. Now we have "Bone Collector" muzzleloaders and Realtree burger patties and bottled water. Pretty soon every power belt bullet is going to have Michael Waddell's picture etched on it!!!
    +1

I want to get an Encore, but i dont think that i would shell out the extra bucks for one with someones name on it. Give me a black stock with a stainless steel barrel and it will do the trick.

Default just got

i just got a triumph in stainless steel on friday its have shot 7 rounds out of it 3 to sight it in at 50yds and 4 shots at 100 yards i used 95 grains of t7ff with hornady 250sst and a leupold vx2 4/12power just to work up loads and shot 4 holes touching a.850 group not bad i would have shot more but the range was closing so i had to go ive been reading about blackhorn209 and i will buy some this week and try it out i think this gun will be a bullet stacker just like my omega and firehawk.

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    i just got a triumph in stainless steel on friday its have shot 7 rounds out of it 3 to sight it in at 50yds and 4 shots at 100 yards i used 95 grains of t7ff with hornady 250sst and a leupold vx2 4/12power just to work up loads and shot 4 holes touching a.850 group not bad i would have shot more but the range was closing so i had to go ive been reading about blackhorn209 and i will buy some this week and try it out i think this gun will be a bullet stacker just like my omega and firehawk.
    Let me know how the blackhorn209 works..

Default shot 10 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Let me know how the blackhorn209 works..
    So I just got back from the range today it was 45 deg out side and was a little windy around 15 mph blowing steady from left to rite i shot my first 3 shots with 80 grns of blk209 and a 300gr hornady sst ml easy load bullets.shots were taken at 50 yards off of a bench the group was less than 1 inch I didnt swabb between loads and it loaded ok but not nearly as smooth as when you clean the bore every time. however if i had been using triple 7ff the 3rd load would not be posible without swabing the bore. The next 3 shots were with 90 grns and the group opened up slighty but were still around an inch i decided it was to windy to get good results .i shot the last 4 rounds using 250gr hornady sst ml with the black sabots and again group was a raged 1 in hole. this powder looks good so far. tomorow the weather calls for calm winds and 54 temps so i will take my crony and try to work up something that acceptable to me at 100yrds.