Thread: Jetboil Recall

Default Jetboil Recall

From reading this forum, I know some of you guys use the Jetboil stove on some of your hunting trips. I came across a recall notice for some of their products on the CPSC website and thought I would pass it along. Here is the link to the recall notice.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09126.html

I hope this helps.

Exclamation Jetboil

Thanks for the info, I have several buddies with these, I will pass on, thanks again.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Default Bummer...

Anyone know if they replace it or if they repair it? Site says OR. I am interested to know which.

I'll call tomorrow if don't get an answer before then.

Thanks!

If you go to the CPSC recall site and look at the bottom, there is a link to Jetboil's website pertaining to the recall. At the bottom of the page, there is a form to fill out to register for a recall exchange. I read this as a replacement. It says they will send you a prepaid shipping container to return yours, so it won't even cost you to return it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Dreamer View Post
    If you go to the CPSC recall site and look at the bottom, there is a link to Jetboil's website pertaining to the recall. At the bottom of the page, there is a form to fill out to register for a recall exchange. I read this as a replacement. It says they will send you a prepaid shipping container to return yours, so it won't even cost you to return it to them.
    Yup! Here is the link if easier http://www.jetboil.com/recall

Thanks, BuckNRut... that definitely helped.

This is a good thread. Had I had not read it, I wouldn't be digging in our hunting gear for our extra JetBoils. We keep 2 out and 2 in and I just checked the 2 that we have out and they are A style, so I'll now have to dig inside of our hunting gear and see if it's a B style.
    If I am correct, the B style are the older ones. I recognize it from a climb I did with my climbing partner in Aspen a couple of years ago. I'll have to shoot him and email and tell him about this recall, too.

Thanks again for this thread. Very informative.
    COtoAK
    Lurker.

My Jetboil was recalled. After I contacted Jet Boil, they sent me a prepaid mailer to ship mine back. They repaired it and mailed it back. I can't remember but I think the whole process took a little over 2 weeks. KL

Default Bump to the top!

I just came across this. Mine is a recall model. Bought it in September of 08.

Another bump to keep this active. Mine isn't recalled...
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!