Thread: Team racing clutch

Unhappy Team racing clutch

Hello,

Has anyone ever rebuilt a team secondary clutch. Mine is broke and I am having a hard time getting it a part. I have unbolt the helix but it will not come out to start taking it apart.

JAZZ

Pry it on either side w/screwdrivers. What exactly is broken on it?
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Angry Team clutch

MARV1,

The clutch seems to be bounded up.I think the spring broke inside. I Have the screws out of the helix but I can not rotate it or remove it by prying it.I am going to put it back on the sled with the helix screws removed and try by rotating the sides of the clutch hoping the roller will release the helix.

JAZZ

You can rotate the sheaves without reinstalling it. Helix side sheave rotate it clockwise and counterclockwise on the other side. Good luck w/it. Only way it would be bound up is if it has electronic reverse. Try tapping it w/a rubber mallet on the helix.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

MARV1 ,
    Well i got it apart and the helix was cracked winch made it lodge closed and I used a rubber mallet to get it apart. Were the two part of the clutch meet were you adjust the depth on the belt it appears the washer was grinding into the other half.