Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ta dah!!!!!!!!

Default Ta dah!!!!!!!!

Looky what my sweety got me for valintiens day! I pick it up tomarow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Looky what my sweety got me for valintiens day! I pick it up tomarow.
    Right on Rick, you'll love it, and compared to you old ride its gonna feel like you are riding on a cloud even if you are ditch bangin your way around to where you wanna ride. CONGRATS

I'm still in shock! Tracy and I couldn't afford wedding bands when we got married so I made some out of walrus Ivory. Mine broke within a month and hers didn't stand up to the constant hand washing of the nursing profession any better than mine. We had decided to get new bands for valentines day, I thought that was all, new wedding rings. On the way home she pulled into the ski doo dealer "Lets see if they have a screaming deal on a used sled" Now my harts pounding, I might actually brake into the 90's? Gunther immediately starts running from machine to machine climbing up and saying "wooosh." Then we both spot a new tundra! Sometime during Gunther and I's drooling and sitting on the machine going "woooosh" in unison my wife disappeared. About the time I was starting to get annoyed at being ditched she walks up and says "so 550 LT or V800?" "well I like the 550, the 800 is heavier and more machine than we want." "OK we'll take a yellow one." Didn't have the hart to tell her they are all yellow.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Thanks no more being racked up for two days after one of riding hard.
    BHA Member

Default WOW

That is gonna be fun. Looks like the whole family can go now too. Be careful, there is quite a bit of difference in how they ride I think.

Me thinks you'll like it a lot, I do!

Dude you are going to love it! It handles alot different than the old tundra's so take some time to get use to it before you really put it through its paces, but once you do its going to be a whole new world. I am looking forward to hearing some of your adventures already! Keep us posted!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I'd have to say Rick P, your wife is a keeper!! Congrats on the new sled too!!

Wow, thats quite the gift! Here I thought I was doing great with the new Ice auger for valantines.

Gunther and I spent the afternoon putting around the local woods all I can say is WOW! I didn't go fast but man did we go over and through the stuff! We climbed the hill to our green house, you'd have to stand on the old sled, the new one acted like it was a bump, barely a nuisance. You have to ride the side of a ditch to get to the trail. On the old sled your on one knee or at the bottom of the ditch. The new one I shifted my butt a little and Gunther grabbed the handle bar. Even with all three of us on it we floated through the neighborhood.

I did get a chance to kind punch it a little when I took it for a quick solo ride, it's a quantum leap from the 88. Actually scarred me a little. (I'm 41 I've broken my back twice, I need to be able to walk to care for my 2 year old.)

AKHunter45

Tracy and Gun are everything to me. I was married before Tracy and I have to say I had no concept of the word love till I met Tracy. We are the classic fell in love at first sight story. The thing I honestly like most about the 09 is all three of us can ride it, slowly and on trails mostly but that doesn't matter half as much as having them with me.

Which brings me to a question, helmet recommendations? I wear glasses Tracy doesn't. More affordable the better. Gunther is about the size of a 4 year old, anyone's kid about that age and outgrown there helmet? Ideas on places to look for one for him?
    Yes I know I should have been wearing one on the 88 but I hate helmets and 99.9% of the ridding I did was slow off trail stuff. BTW definitely keeping the 88 for going places I might scratch the 09! Nice to have a "company" sled too.
    BHA Member

AlaskaCub

Me thinks this machine is going to tow a load well, correct? About how much wieght would you say it tows without problems? If I went insane and wanted too, will the new one rock hop like the 88? That thing is like a BMX bike in creek beds and rocks.
    BHA Member

Congrats Rick! It wasn't so long ago that you got the 88, funny how that bug bites! Getting the family out is what it is all about!

I dont know if it will rock hop like your older one, but I have taken mine through some rocky creeks and it does pretty good. The track is quite a bit longer and I am sure it is heavier than your older one though. I would definitely recommend getting the skid plate kit. It is easy to install as long as you have a rivet gun or you can just have the dealer put it on. It took me about an hour to install mine. It puts a heavy bar down the middle of the front arms to protect them and then heavy plastic skids on everything. Good investment!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    AlaskaCub

Me thinks this machine is going to tow a load well, correct? About how much wieght would you say it tows without problems? If I went insane and wanted too, will the new one rock hop like the 88? That thing is like a BMX bike in creek beds and rocks.
    With about 450 pounds in riders (me and a buddy), I towed out two whole Caribou bulls on a Large Otter 2 Sled with zero problem. And this wasn't flat trail riding, this was several miles back into the ridgetops, so we came out through various terrain. It'll suprise you fo show, it has me! Honestly I cant imagine a better multi purpose utility sled that is as versatile as the LT 550,and trust me I looked long and hard before buying.

Rick P, try hitting all the stealerships for helmets. Right now is a good time to buy them as most of the shops are gearing up for atv/motorcycle season. I wear a motocross style helemet but you might want to consider a full face with a shield for your applications. You should be able to find something pretty nice for under $200.

Thanks again all some really good advice here!

Hunt'n'photos

I'll definitely look into a skid kit....the 09 isn't going to be seeing that kind of riding but it wouldn't hurt to have. The 88 is still a dream for that application. Gotta say the articulated rear section of the rails has impressed the snot out of me! Improved ride and a boost in traction coming out of ditches/creek bottoms.

LuJon

You going to be out this way anytime soon? Feel like ripping up some local trails since you know them better than I?

AKHunter45

I think that's why we got a really good deal on the new sled. I came very close to getting a helmet for Gun this afternoon but figured I'd better talk to Momma first. Man did he hate wearing that thing but there is no way he's ridding over 10 mph without one! Little guy grabs the loop on the riser block a hollers go go go for all he's worth!

AlaskaCub

I've read a ton of reviews since getting the new tundra and they all agree with your take on the sled. I cant wait to get out on a overnight and do some hunting with it! Seriously thought about hitting 20a but we have a friend from California arriving tomorrow.
    BHA Member

Don't know how your weather looks but we goten an inch of snow in less than an hour! We have a friend from California coming in tomarow and we plan on using the sleds allot over the next week. As long as Angie's flight arrives without issue this new snow ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    BHA Member

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Rick P, try hitting all the stealerships for helmets. Right now is a good time to buy them as most of the shops are gearing up for atv/motorcycle season. I wear a motocross style helemet but you might want to consider a full face with a shield for your applications. You should be able to find something pretty nice for under $200.
    Rick no danger of me heading out that way this year! I will be hanging out in the middle east till at least late may and probably more like Aug.

I shopped around for helmets for my boys a good bit. I found the best deal at fish creek sales off of palm-wa. They had some that the kids loved,they are kind of a crossover style with the full visor and a motorcross style bill/sunshade that sticks out. I have pictures but I am no at my home base right now so I am only carrying my mini laptop which is just set up for work.

Default Helmets

There is a strip mall within the first half mile down Knik Goose bay rd. on the right past the car wash. I went there the begging of winter and picked up 3 new helmets for around $325.00. I think it is call valley power sports or something like that. There was a jr. sized helmet I bought there. I believe it was around $50.00.

Sorry to hear that Lu Jon my prayers and thanks for your service!

Got the whole family really nice helmets for under 450 at fish creek. Tracy riding the Tundra the first time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast