Thread: Experience with your 10mm..

Default Experience with your 10mm..

Just want to hear what you have experienced with your 10mm. Power, recoil animals taken, protection etc etc..All 10mm stories. Thanks

some yrs. back I did the cart before the horse type thing. I bought the KKM 6" hunting barrel and it sat at my computer area for some 2 yrs. and even had someones pic of there G20 all looking good on my background. cheesh! that is pretty sore eh?

You know even though I make effort in reloading buying materials and reloading buying other rifles (CRF) and having them worked over abit I never did personally buy the G20-just could not get to it. Well, long story short last 2 Xmas's ago my wife bless her heart had one under the tree for me. I was liken to a youngster all over once again...could not wait to open it. ha.

I have plenty of 200 grn BTB hardcast and lots of 800X and primers but not enough brass.....this limits my use. I do carry it around with me when I open the runway a mile from the village. Catch a wolve or ...... in the open I will do my part and see if I can get close enough and see what I can do. It is a nice carry and am now looking at a higher strong side rig for it than the Fobus paddle I have for it.

I don't have "enough" field use to say anything positive about it but I trust McNetts gel test with the 200 grain hardcast to say at least with the test it proves to be a penetrator in close. Mine is meant as a overall protection piece with 15 down and 1 in the pipe makes for a worthy carry. No way will it take the place of my .44 mag or .45lc with hardcast but....it is a comperable auto loader for sure.

enjoy,

Default Nobody Else?

Nobody Else? Maybe not used as much as I thought.

Youd probably get alot more response if you posted to a bigger audience like over at http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/10m...rums-f187.html.

I just dont think there is enough of us on here using the 10mm let alone people who have had to use it for other than punching paper.

Default I don't have one, but -

Quote Originally Posted by tnjquinones View Post
    Just want to hear what you have experienced with your 10mm. Power, recoil animals taken, protection etc etc..All 10mm stories. Thanks
    I ran across this thread on another forum

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...skapopo&page=1
    or paste this into your web browser if the link does not work
    glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969177&highlight=alaskapopo&page= 1

The subject started out with the 10mm, but around bage 5 included some discussion of large revolvers and how the two cartridges compare compare.

I have not had a burning desire to switch from my .45 ACP to 10 mm or to give up either 44 Mag or 454 Casull for an autoloader for woodland carry, but the prospect of one receiver that could switch between .40 S&W and 10mm is intriquing. (Add one or two more items to my "If I had a million dollars" list.)

Lost Sheep

I like it. Carry it alot in the summer, have yet to kill anything with it. Does awesome on paper.

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Maybe Ill try it out at the bait site this year.

Default Taken at bait.

I have had a friend who took a nice size blackie at the stand. He shot it in the back of the head. Took one shot and ruined the skull. The bear squared 6'4.

I've taken several blacktails and a couple ground squirrels with mine. I have an EAA Witness, which makes a great truck gun, and a 6" 1911. I mostly use the 180 gr hornady XTP, which has worked great on deer. Kills paper dead too.

Quote Originally Posted by tnjquinones View Post
    I have had a friend who took a nice size blackie at the stand. He shot it in the back of the head. Took one shot and ruined the skull. The bear squared 6'4.

Wow thats a shame. Thats a big bear!

Anyone have experience with the G29? I'm looking at picking it up for trail/cross country running this summer.

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!