Thread: Good day on kenai lake

Default Good day on kenai lake

fished for about three hrs caught 4 fish over 20" and had two that wouldn't fit through a 10" hole. I will try and get some pictures posted soon

What kind of fish? I'm assuming lakers, but give me details....

Default Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by bryasch View Post
    fished for about three hrs caught 4 fish over 20" and had two that wouldn't fit through a 10" hole. I will try and get some pictures posted soon
    Pictures and a few hints would be nice... before the ice is gone.

was this on sunday? were you in what looked like a quickfish 3 or other cube shelter on the snug harbor road side of the lake? we were thinkin man that guy is crazy since there was open water no far from there.....

was out there fishing the ice edge was about 16 in of ice only caught one laker had roe for bait fishing 15-20 ft of water

good the big ones that would not fit through the hole have been silvers? If not, oh boy!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bryasch View Post
    was out there fishing the ice edge was about 16 in of ice only caught one laker had roe for bait fishing 15-20 ft of water
    Remeber no bait within 800 yards of the bridge 400 yards from inlets...If you were fishing the ice edge thats probably within the no bait areas.

Fish or chum with herring chunks for more lakers.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NickofTime View Post
    You heard it here folks....When Deputy Fife speaks, you listen!
    haha....lol! Gosh 16 Inches? Last time I saw 16 inches on lakes around here was back at the beginning of November. The only bad part about it was I couldn't drive my truck onto the ice, or at least I wasn't willing too. We had to haul all our gear from the frozen gravel.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    haha....lol! Gosh 16 Inches? Last time I saw 16 inches on lakes around here was back at the beginning of November. The only bad part about it was I couldn't drive my truck onto the ice, or at least I wasn't willing too. We had to haul all our gear from the frozen gravel.

Fish On!

Thats funny right there I dont care who you are. I almost spewed coffee all over the keyboard when i read When Deputy Fife speaks.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Hey Patrick-

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Remeber no bait within 800 yards of the bridge 400 yards from inlets...If you were fishing the ice edge thats probably within the no bait areas.

Fish or chum with herring chunks for more lakers.
    You really kind of irritate people when you try to be their consciences, law enforcer, or recognized expert. Other people are equally versed on the law and regs. as you are. They also (apparently) know how to catch lakers beyond the usual "use chunks of herring" advice. Now if you said," "This is how I caught lakers at (such and such a place)...", people take note and are appreciative.

Just a thought for future interaction with fellow members. That way you will get the little green squares to match your prolific post numbers.

thanks for the heads up akpm; didnt know that, although i usually only fish flies;
    I am one who appreciates any interpretation of the rules; some people, who probably don't care about them anyway, may see things differently; i wonder how many tips you've given that have kept folks out of trouble with f&g;
    keep up the good work

You kill me dude...now that's funny!!!!!

I couldn't agree more..."Fife" needs to have his badge taken away and return to earth!
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 02-20-2009 at 20:59. Reason: Quote deleated

You guys are killing me here That is some funny stuff. There is enough of "big" brother out there. I dont need a babysitter here either. I know the regs for where Im going. I just dont have them memorized page for page like some
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 02-20-2009 at 20:13. Reason: Original posting of pic deleated
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I keep checking back on here fore some pics of the fish, are you still going to try and post them.

I can't find the cord that connects camera to the computer. Been looking all over the place for it

You can pick a new one up for only a few $$$$. Just take your camera into Best Buy and they should be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    You can pick a new one up for only a few $$$$. Just take your camera into Best Buy and they should be able to help you out.
    How many Best Buys are there in Yellowknife? Didn't see any during the Ice Road Truckers show

Quote Originally Posted by tcman View Post
    How many Best Buys are there in Yellowknife? Didn't see any during the Ice Road Truckers show

Dude, there's like 8 !!!!! LOL

We do have a source by circut city though.
    I have seen a Best Buy in Anchorage and was figuring he might hit that one up/ I'm pretty sure he really doesn't want to drive to Yellowknife to purchase a $5 cord.

If you watched the first season (the only one shot here) then you saw stuff that didn't happen as well.
    The rig they showed go through the ice and sink never happened, it was CGI.