Thread: New Helly Hansen Impertech in Realtree HD

Default New Helly Hansen Impertech in Realtree HD

http://www.hellyhansengear.com/PVC-Rain-Wear_c_51.html

i just pre-ordered mine. tryin impertech for the first time. i ordered the new roan anorak jacket and impertech II pants in HD. whoooo

That stuff looks pretty sweet. Once I go thru my current set I just might have to pony up the extra bucks for the camo. I'd like to see it in person, I've been hear about this coming out for almost a year and a half. Let us know how you like it.

Thanks for the link.

not sure camo is really worth the extra 16 bucks...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Why Realtree?

I wonder why they picked the camo pattern they did? When I was working with them in getting a group buy together, they were working really hard to accomodate ALASKA hunters. Personally, I would have possibly considered it if it looked something like the side of a mountain or tundra or swamp, but hardwoods??? Got me on that one. And I would not use Impertech if hunting in the lower 48 (a few acceptions around Maine and other such areas), my opinion is that it is too loud and conditions usually don't call for it. I use a hydro fleece, wool or Precip.

Anyone else wonder about the choice?

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    I wonder why they picked the camo pattern they did? When I was working with them in getting a group buy together, they were working really hard to accomodate ALASKA hunters. Personally, I would have possibly considered it if it looked something like the side of a mountain or tundra or swamp, but hardwoods??? Got me on that one. And I would not use Impertech if hunting in the lower 48 (a few acceptions around Maine and other such areas), my opinion is that it is too loud and conditions usually don't call for it. I use a hydro fleece, wool or Precip.

Anyone else wonder about the choice?
    Yes, I have issues with the pattern as well. I would much better prefer Brown Camo, Outfitter, Outfitter Brown, ASAT, or at the very least - Woodland or Seclusion 3D.

Browningguy9, man I thought I as on to a good deal on bibs until shipping! Thanks for the post anyway!

BRWNBR, cant remember your take on the HH impertech. Making a living at this, you've likely got the gear dialed in....

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the green.

Quote Originally Posted by irishlord View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll stick with the green.
    Speaking of which I am down here in Oregon and picked up 2 impertech jackets and 3 pairs of pants for $120 at a Helly Hansen Outlet store down here. I believe I paid $120 for my last jacket/bib setup.

Default Danga!

Wow Alaska Lanche! You should have bought the whole store and brought is all up here and made a profit selling it to all of us guys. It could have worked out great for all of us.

HAHA....The thought did cross my mind. At $20 for the pants and $30 for the jacket you can't hardly go wrong there!!! Next time I'm down that way I am probably going to plan on stocking up even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    Yes, I have issues with the pattern as well. I would much better prefer Brown Camo, Outfitter, Outfitter Brown, ASAT, or at the very least - Woodland or Seclusion 3D.
    Same here. I'd like to see an open pattern like ASAT or Predator.

I'm getting ready to drop a wad of money at Day One Camoflage because I can get a nice hunting parka in ASAT.
    Now what ?