Thread: Anyone price a new Rhino 450

Default Anyone price a new Rhino 450

Thinking of selling my 04 Kodiak 450 and purchase a new Rhino when I get back in a few weeks. It will be mostly for my wife and little one when we go out as a family since I have an 05 660 Grizzly. Just wondering what you guys are paying and where is the best price?
    dan

I haven't tried to strike up a deal here locally but they retail for 7995. I have read online about guys getting them as low as 7000 or just under. Check over at atvfrontier.com. Lots of Alaskans there.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Question rhinoceros

Is that the 450 rhino? Hows the power on that puppy?

From what I have read it's excellent. Same 450 as the Kodiak. Known for low to mid grunt. It is geared about 20% lower than the 660 also. Acceleration and top speed is a little less but who cares. Supposed to be no diffference hill climbing, typical off-roading etc. for 7or8000 it seems like a great value. $1200 less than the 660. I have a 660 Griz and I like it but it is high geared. I put 27's on it, a clutch kit and reverse rev limiter over ride and that helped. I am looking hard at the 450 Rhino for the wifey and I. I would rather have the low gearing than the higher speed, etc.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Snyd,
    I have the 660 Rhino, but went with the 26" tires as I didn't want to give up any power. Also put in the clutch kit, and the cdi from Black Rhino. It's got plenty of power but I think you could do the same with the 450 and as you point out, give up a little top end. I gotta tell you, it's nice to have a roof over your head to keep the rain off, and a windshield to keep the bugs and rain off your face. I'm more inclined to go when the weather is crappy!
    I'm completely happy with mine after almost two years.

Kurt

If somehow I could fit three bucket seats into a rhino it would be perfect for my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt S View Post
    Snyd,
    I have the 660 Rhino, but went with the 26" tires as I didn't want to give up any power. Also put in the clutch kit, and the cdi from Black Rhino. It's got plenty of power but I think you could do the same with the 450 and as you point out, give up a little top end. I gotta tell you, it's nice to have a roof over your head to keep the rain off, and a windshield to keep the bugs and rain off your face. I'm more inclined to go when the weather is crappy!
    I'm completely happy with mine after almost two years.

Kurt
    Ya that sounds great. I am trying to buy something that I don't have to do a lot of mods on to make it work you know? Other than wheels/tires and clutch kit.

I'm thinking a 450 Rhino, put my offset c-series with my mudmachine bi triclaws on it and take the clutch kit out of the griz and throw it in there and have a pretty decent setup. Now I just need to talk the wife into it!

A morph machine would be the ideal. The suspension of the Prowler on the Rhino with the hauling capacity and turning radius of the Ranger with maybe either the yammy 660 or the ac 650h1.... Add some tires and just drive it. It drives me crazy to spend 7 or 8000 on a machine and then have to add another $1000 or more in stuff so it can get the job done.