When I first discovered Kodiak in 2002, my friends and I rented the bottom floor of a newer house right in town. Though touted as a B&B, it actualy was a complete residence with a completely stocked kitchen for us to do our own thing. We loved it, and the location could not have been finer right down to the view of the whales in the bay.

Things change. The USCG owner was later billeted to Hawaii, and during that tour the B&B was given up for annual renters.

The renter's kicked the you-know-what out of it. By the time the owner returned from Hawaii, he had to gut the entire property right down to new paint, carpet, appliances, and furnishings.

I did an overnight there this September when I brought my illustrator up to Kodiak. We had a terrific reunion, and the acommodations provided us were part of the renewal of our friendship.

Renewal is right. The property is again gorgeous, and I was so impressed with it that I reserved it for a week next July. I need independence, amenties, and in-town-location to support the variety of my planned 2007 activities. The place is perfect.

If you have similar interests, check out www.bayviewlodgingkodiak.com.
Everything you need to know is right there, and booking opportunities are wide open for the 2007 season.

If you want to be on your own in Kodiak, and in style, this is the place...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com