Thread: aire power traveler

Default aire power traveler

Anyone know what happened to the Aire Power Traveler. I remember seeing something regarding it a few years ago and went looking for info on it and wasn't able to find anything on the aire website. It was aire's version of the jet ranger.

Thanks

Default It's On Hold

Mr. NeedCoffee,

The AIRE Power Traveler has been put on hold for awhile. AIRE is so busy with it's main line production items right now all specialty items have been side-lined, for the moment. I have no doubt the Power Traveler will be back, but not this year!

Take care out there,

Tracey Harmon

Default Too bad

Thanks for the info.

Thumbs up P.T.

Tracy H.

Don't give up on the P.T. Tracy. I am still interested also. I do believe that , although small, there is a market up here for that boat. Get them built, and I will buy one....an orange Power Traveler.

...as if I need a fourth boat...also, get us longer summers, or at least shorter winters.

Dennis
    AK TAGS

Default Orange?!

Dennis!

I suppose orange is a good color, especially if one is lost on a regular basis!

I will not give up on the Power Traveler. In fact I will the call the boys at AIRE AGAIN early tomorrow morning, and beg some more.....just for you.

I'll be back,

Tracey

check your PM's Tracy

Default Power Traveler

Recommend trying one before you buy. They are sure a neat idea, but aren't very portable.

Default Portability

I am looking for a plane portable jet boat. I have considered the alaska series jet ranger but I am not sold on their construction methods. I have owned several boats made by Aire in the past which is why I brought the PT up. I could not find any info online on the PT so would appreciate any pictures/specs etc...

Thank you

Default Alaska Series Alaskan Jet Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by needcoffee View Post
    I am looking for a plane portable jet boat. I have considered the alaska series jet ranger but I am not sold on their construction methods. I have owned several boats made by Aire in the past which is why I brought the PT up. I could not find any info online on the PT so would appreciate any pictures/specs etc...

Thank you
    Coffee,

I built my first prototype 401AJR in 2002 and it's still going strong, That first prototype 401AJR had an 1100 denier bottom, and was a single layer tube bottom. It's now owned by Sam Fejes the owner of TSIU RIVER LODGE. A couple years ago we patched 2 small holes in the bottom of Samís lighter weight prototype 401AJR Inflatable Jet boat. Over the 6 years 2 small holes aren't too bad for 1100 Denier fabric. The current production 401AJR and 430AJR Inflatable Jet boats are built with 4000 Denier bottoms, double fabric under the tubes and grizzly claw armor. They are truly the toughest bottoms in the inflatable boat business!!

In the past 6 years, I've had to work on 3 other Alaskan Jet rangers that were damaged in the field. Even though I fixed them all for free, I wouldn't consider the damage done by bears or dragging rolled up boats across the asphalt parking lot problems caused by my designs or construction methods.
    In fact I would consider the construction of the Alaskan Jet Ranger 401AJR and 430AJR inflatable jet boats the toughest inflatable boats in the business!!

When you're Jet Boating in remote rivers where there are only a couple inches of water I personally wouldn't be comfortable using anything less.

Good Boating

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907) 248-2900

Default Still Available!

I just purchased a Power Traveler this summer from Aire. I wrote them an email one night after searching Craigslist for a new cat, and they wrote me the next morning saying they had a demo PT with my name on it. I went to AR&K and struck a deal. I will attach the photos they sent me. In one such photo you can clearly see a stack of PTs in the background... 4 or 5 by my count.
    However... Not all PTs are created equally! Aire sent me an earlier version on accident, and it was scary! I had already paid my money and got home. I thought I was screwed for sure, but AIRE was awesome! They sent me the boat they promised AT NO CHARGE! UPS 2ND DAY, EVEN! The boat they sent me had a huge twist sewn into the tubes, so that the boat listed to the side by about 8 inches in an 18inch span! I have yet to get my boat in the water as I have been getting my frame stretched and outfitted for this summer.
    Another user that I found on here that was an awesome wealth of knowledge is LEFTY. He has had his PT for about 5 years, and has great experience with loading and running this unique craft.
    On second thought, I have to post attachments later as I am not on my laptop. I will also post measurements sent to me by AIRE.

Default Pics!

As Promised!

Overall Width: 4'10"

Inside Width: 2'

Overall Length: 18'

Inside Length: 14'3"

Tube diameter 16"

D-Rings: 12
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Couple More!

This is one pic I found on an older post by MS. Also, check out my thread titled Lionhead Power Traveler for a pic of PT with stretched frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images