Thread: Barrel Swap for T/C Hawken

Default Barrel Swap for T/C Hawken

I was sitting here and wondering. Can you take a .45 or a .50 or.54 barrel and swap them out on a T/C Hawken stock? providing they are the same across the flats? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    I was sitting here and wondering. Can you take a .45 or a .50 or.54 barrel and swap them out on a T/C Hawken stock? providing they are the same across the flats? Just wondering
    Sure! Long as the key slots line up for battening it down. You'll see used barrels all over the place, an you can get new ones from Green Mountain and even a few direct from TC. Just be aware that there are both 15/16" Hawkens and 1" Hawkens. I've even got one that was custom fit (i.e., wood hogged out) for a barrel that tapers from 1 1/8" at the breech to 15/16" at the muzzle. You can only go up to 54 caliber in the 15/16" barrels, but with a 1" you can go all the way up to 62 caliber or 20 gauge, and I think there are even a few 12's around. But those take out lots of metal and were produced in the innocent days before companies lawyered up against liability suits.

Thanks Brown,
    I was looking at barrels and was thinking I could do just that. My logic being; for mass production you do not want very many specialty parts. Wished I had time to get the gun dialed in as I am off to Texas this week to thin out the Hog numbers and feel warm sun for bit.