Thread: Gunsmith for a Re-barrel in Anchorage

Default Gunsmith for a Re-barrel in Anchorage

Anybody have a GOOD gunsmith in town or nearby. Ide like to get a new tube put on a hunting rifle in a new caliber. Also maybe some iron sights, glass bed etc...Any recommendations? Not wanting a show peice, just a rock solid job at reasonable rates. Thanks.

Josh

Alaska Custom Firearms the sponsers, Steve and Aaron are top notch

I've got two that were build by Stan Jackson (349-3854). They're both really good shooters, and his turn around time is usually pretty good.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Andy Hawk...

Nuf said
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Andy Hawk...

Nuf said

Got a number?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Sorry... 562-0881 is Andy Hawks number, he is over off of Old Seward and ? Dowling maybe? Cant remember the cross street, but he will obviously give you directions.

He has only re-barreled two rifles for me, but has done several general reapairs, muzzle breaks, recoil pads, trigger jobs and drilled and taped a bunch of mounts and sights.

I hear lots of good stuff about Stan Jackson, and I am sure they are all true, but I have never met the man. A guy I worked with hooked me up with Andy when I first moved up to Anchorage and he has done such a good job for me and the wife over all these years that I have never needed to look for anyone else...
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Thanks...

I appreciate the replies. I just dropped the rifle off over at Stan Jacksons place AND the reamers have been ordered. Im gonna try out the new 338 RCM. Ive not been a huge fan of the short actions in the past but I came accross one in a horse trade. I'll put a 20" barrel on and see how she rides. With case capacity it should be a 338-06 short action so to speak. Anyway will be some fun. Thanks again.

Josh