Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Draw permits RIGGED!!!!!!

Default Winter Draw permits RIGGED!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed that around 80% of the A.B.A. personnel getís a permit in every draw???

I think this is more than a weird coincidence. How many other people have been putting in year after year and have never drawn a permit. Yet these people get at least 1 permit a year.

KIND OF WEIRD HUH>

Iím voting on it being rigged.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

what's A.B.A?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Talking Not bitter

I'm voting you are not bitter

Years ago in Idaho I had a circumstance where I asked a similar question related to out of state hunters getting tags in SE Idaho.
    I personally asked the biologist and his reply was factual, backed up by stats, and well argued. My argument was based on emotions, anger and bravado.
    I was skewed by my own perception of the real facts. I hated to admit it, but, I misinterpreted the info, is this possible in your case?
    Maybe you were just venting......? In that case,
    He11 YA!!! Seems like they get drawn every year! Meanwhile us poor workin men just Pay in year after year but get no love!!
    I'm with you, somethin smells fishy here!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    what's A.B.A?
    I was wondering that too. If it means I get a permit every year where do I sign up?!

I'm assuming Ak Bowhunters Assoc. Sure 2 of them have had good luck, but out of the 9 folks, only half put in for this year, 3 or so put in for the past 2 years in a row and only 2 drew permits 2 years in a row, however jealous..he pulled 2 permits last year and 1 this year. I don't see a lucky trend. Vast majority of are bow only, which makes sense being the ABA... Same could be said about the folks here that hunt hard and apply.

Well I can tell you it's not rigged if anything it's the opposite of that. Last year I drew a sheep tag and a goat tag, this year once i became affiliated with the ABA I only drew a sheep tag. If anything they (ADFG) are hating on me and taking away my tags!

Oh and one thing motorboatn neglected to mention...most of the tags drawn are high % archery only tags, which makes sense given draw odds of like 17%

Default Must be hard

Getting three tags in two years. Heck with those odds you'll probably draw atleast 1 this fall.

I'm still not buying they all drew tags due to a better %.

The best was DS 140 at a 22%
    Out of 7 people 17 permits were drawn. 17 permits in three draws.
    most of which were between 2-7%.

Just sayin

Default Skull and Bones of ADFG

Ok well I might as well come clean with it since you are on to us.

Several years ago influential memebers of the ADFG and ABA met in a secret underground facility where tag allocations are determined and all draw results are screened before going public. We were all in awe of the secrecy of the operation but quickly understood why. In the middle of the room there was a large loom that produced a fabric that when examined contained a secret code, once deciphered using binary languages this code produced the names of the winners of such tags as DS103 and DS204 and most of all the coveted DS123. Well what none of you know is the man responsible for "deciphering" the code was none other than the famed Chuck Adams, who suffice to say has a sweet spot for archers. After a little negotiation certain individuals present have always drawn tags for the coveted zones. And that I am ashamed to say is the secret to why the ABA directos always draws tags.

However certain provisions have been recently updated and as a member of the ABA your name automatically goes to Chuck which is given a weighted preference for future draws so those of you who are not members should consider this leg up on the rest of the applicants, also extra points are given for volunteers who help with National Archery in Schools Program and with the annual ABA banquet.

So the secret is out, please contact me and I will be sure to get you the membership application so that you too can be a part of the mystical flight of the arrow draw society, the only requirement is this darn ID chip they implant in your skin, really itches but you will hardly notice it when you are chasing full curl rams in the Chugach.

I am an ABA member and have got skunked the last two years in a row

That said, I have been called for Jury Duty 13 times in the last 23 years while the wife has got called once. Life is just not fare at times. They say there are lies, **** lies, then there are statistics.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Has anyone noticed that around 80% of the A.B.A. personnel getís a permit in every draw???

I think this is more than a weird coincidence. How many other people have been putting in year after year and have never drawn a permit. Yet these people get at least 1 permit a year.

KIND OF WEIRD HUH>

Ok, you got my attention. I hope you have some hard facts on this. Thowing peoples or groups name out there without facts is bad.. The ABA in now way gets that many permits. I won some and l lost some. Like veags some people have better luck. Also how about looking on what people apply for. those who say they haven't been drawn before might be apply for a low percentage permit IE Bison....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default I dont want to put names on here

I've been wrong before but whenyou look at the amount of permits that have been drawn it makes it seem a little fishy.

Here are some of the hunts,
    DB-256,DM-922,DS-185,DG-869, DM-981,DS-102 , DS-141

Some of those are only a 2-7% draw.

Default opps

DM 922 was a 46 % my bad

Sounds like sour grapes to me, congrats to those who drew tags!
    Paul

Default I don't like grapes

7 people 17 tags = SCAM

Default I don't buy it...

You know I've heard a few conspiracy theories over the years. I've always thought most theories give the "conspiritors" WAY too much credit.

bear, moose, bison, elk, caribou, muskox, mt. goat and sheep... 3 hunts each...

That's a lot of possibility...

7 people 17 tags = SCAM
    Do the math. If you put in for 3 tags for multiple species with some of those tags being high percentage draws, 7 tags for 17 people is well within what one would expect for a draw rate.

Apply for higher percentage draws and the maximum #, win more permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw67 View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes to me, congrats to those who drew tags!
    THANKS, I got my DM

Its not rigged (that bad) you just cant apply for low % tags or you will fall victum to the odds.

Another reason to join ABA. I would recommend to you join right away.

What a bunch of whining. I know a guy that got a Ft Rich hunt three years in a row. I bet if I take any group, I can find seven people in it that drew tags. I know one guy statined at Elmendorf that drew four tags one year, so if you are in the military, it must be rigger. Oh wait, I was in and didn't draw any tags so that can't be it. Give it a break, people say the same stuff every year when the don't get drawn.

KIND OF WEIRD HUH>

So quit whining & join!!! For 25 or 30 bucks you too can be assured of draw success!!! I let my menbership lapse & didn't draw anything this year. Coincidence??? I think not.
    Oh wait, the years I was a member I didn't draw either!
    The draw isn't pro ABA, it's anti me! And it's anti you! OK, you & me start a class action suit.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast