Thread: tight point shuttle braodhead

Default tight point shuttle braodhead

I am going on a moose hunt this fall and will be hunting with my bow. I currently shot light arrows and expanable broadheads. They have worked very well for me but I understand that AK has a fixed blade law. I am looking into the shuttle t-lock head alot of guys here in montana use them they fly great and work well on our big game. Have any of you killed moose with this broadhead?

Four bladed Magnus Stingers are what I use.

Default broadhead

you should look at the slick trick broad heads they fly flat and kill quick with good penertation and not effected by wind as much as some others. They also fly close to or the same as field points

Default Last fall

Last fall I used a Magnus SS Snuffer 125 grain with a 525 grain arrow. At 26 yards my double lung shot got complete penetration. Cut-on-impact would be my choice.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i like my Muzzy's they are tough and hard to break. thats what i look fot..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Everyone has their favorite broad heads. To answer your question, I have used the Shuttle Lock broad heads in the 100 grain version. They do not seem very sharp as their blades are thick and curved, but they are. My set up was shooting about 65 lbs, 400 grain plus arrow, and they worked really well. The holes they make are devastating ad the blood trails are good. Th biggest animal I shot was about 800 pounds, and he made it about 50 yards. Slick Tricks are great and Montecs are pretty good too. I have a few friends who use the Stryker/ Wac em broad heads with great success.

Matt M

Yes. I have shot 1 moose with 1 Tight Point Shuttle-T. He went 45 yards and the pass-through was complete.

They fly exactly where my field points fly.

Highly recommended!

Taylor

-[]-------->

Quote Originally Posted by akdd View Post
    Four bladed Magnus Stingers are what I use.

Magnus!!! I use the 2 blade.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Never killed a moose with them, but between my friends and I we've put a dozen or so elk on the ground. Not nearly the size of a moose, but I would expect comparable results.

Quote Originally Posted by brslar View Post
    you should look at the slick trick broad heads they fly flat and kill quick with good penertation and not effected by wind as much as some others. They also fly close to or the same as field points
    I also like the slick tricks, and know quite a few people that have killed deer, moose, and brown bears with them.

Default tight point caribou

I harvested a bou at 72yds with a 100grn shuttle t tipped 75-95 gold tip last year .Busted a shoulder and double lunged .The arrow then traveled another 20yds. The shuttle t didn't even have a nick on it. They fly excellent and are wicked cutting pieces equipment . Put a lumenok nok on the back and you have a really good haul road arrow!

Thumbs up

Hodag67-

Word!

Congrat's.

Taylor
    -[]------->